Senior Commercial Insurance Account Manager
About the Role
As Senior Commercial Insurance Account Manager you are a client service leader in a Top 10 national insurance brokerage’s Mergers & Acquisition practice. As the strategic liaison, you need to exhibit leadership over the service process with direct influence over marketing, client delivery and service team performance. A quick overview of the role includes:
- Location: This position can work from 1 of 2 office locations: Atlanta or New York City
- Compensation: Target salary range of $100k-$130k commensurate with experience + annual bonus opportunity
- Technical Expertise: Prior experience working with private equity companies on their insurance programs and risk exposures
Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing & Renewal Preparation: A sizable portion of your time will be spent with renewal preparation, marketing strategies, analyzing current plans and coverage gaps along with negotiating rates directly with underwriters.
Client Service: Another substantial part of your oversight will be client delivery. You are involved in the most complex pieces of account management work. The key is knowing how to balance ‘in the weeds’ duties with delegating tasks to your Account Manager.
Skills & Experience
- At least five (5) years of senior client management experience. Prior work with private equity firms, infrastructure funds, alternative asset managers and corporate clients is required
- Control over the marketing process with strong underwriting relationships and excellent negotiating skills
- You can walk alongside a client through the whole life cycle of the account, from onboarding to renewal
This is a dynamic practice that is looking for a person with a lot of client facing experience and relationship building.
Private equity business is middle market focused and very transactional. You need to be able to manage all aspects of the client’s insurance program including due diligence, determining coverage needs and renewal strategy.
Compensation & Benefits
- $100k-$130k salary range (depending on experience) plus annual bonus opportunity based on book performance and retention
- Robust employee health and benefits plan + competitive annual PTO