Data Services Manager
Data Services Manager is responsible for delivering data requests and solutions to internal customers and external clients. Will manage all aspects of the Data Warehouse to include data sourcing, migration, quality, design, and implementation. The Data Services Manager works closely with the CIO, IT managers, and Account Managers to provide data services to meet requirements and time frames.
The position will be remote until the Covid situation is deemed safe and normal work practices are in place. Relocation will be offered.
- With a comprehensive understanding of data warehousing architecture, concepts, and applications, manages and leads data services group in providing database development, data modeling, database design, data quality management – profiling, cleansing, validation, standardization, matching, masking, duplication, applications programming, performance tuning, automation and extract-transform-load (ETL) processes.
- Oversees preparation of Data Warehouse Architecture document and its acceptance by its various stakeholders and interest groups.
- Knowledge of Dashboards , ETL, BI & reporting tools.
- Gathers requirements and metric attributes from business groups.
- Coordinates with staff to keep the logical and physical data models in sync.
- Initiates and leads implementation of new data strategy technologies, with strong ability to develop a “self-service” Data Warehouse for internal and external users, with focus on time & cost savings and efficiencies.
- Prioritizes work based on resource availability, user service level agreements, environment and cross dependencies.
- Prepares high-level reports and detailed multiple project plans for development of ETL, analytical reports and dashboard with inter-dependencies between tasks and work groups. Is also able to develop training on analytical reports and dashboards for “self-service” purposes.
- Supervisory responsibilities include planning, distributing and directing work; interviewing, selecting, hiring and training employees; and evaluating employee performance.
- 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT focused discipline is required.
- Minimum 7 years overall experience in IT applications development, including not less than 5 years in designing, administering, and implementing data warehouse technology systems.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years overall experience in using Microsoft SQL Server technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of Azure, AWS and other cloud platforms preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies like ML and BigData a plus.
- Experience with Power BI and SSRS a plus
- Understanding of database design and optimization concepts such as normalization, indexing, and transactions.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
For immediate consideration please send your resume in a word document to email@example.com.
Apply for Data Services Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly