Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder limited supervision, responsible for the strategy and management of the underwriting process for a segment of a broader business or acts as a subject matter expert for a region with some percentage of time devoted to strategic management. Ensures underwriting results enhance overall profitability, growth and retention of business and are consistent with all related underwriting initiatives. Communicates underwriting standards. This job typically does not manage other employees.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- (May include all or the majority but not limited to these components):
- Responsible for articulating strategy needs for rate adequacy, product and pricing, for a segment of a broader business or a region/zone.
- Participates in the development of strategic business planning activities to ensure underwriting philosophy and practices for small segment are consistent with business unit goals.
- Identifies trends and emerging issues. Monitors underwriting results for a segment and partners with field management to take action as needed.
- May drive underwriting strategy for a segment based on sound analysis of financial trends, territorial needs and marketplace dynamics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8 years of underwriting experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 10+ years of underwriting experience preferred.
- CPCU designation preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.