Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis Sr Consultant position is part of the Loss Processing Operations team within the Business Insurance (BI) Information Management & Analytics (IM&A) department. As a member of this team you will perform critical DA work and build subject matter expertise on key LossDB Financial processing as well as 3 separate Loss Deductible Systems. You will have ownership of triaging loss/claim errors & data quality issues to maintain low overall loss error rates, researching Financial/Ledger out-of-balances, and responding to financial customer inquiries related to loss processing, booking, & billing. You will build partnerships with Claim, Actuarial, Finance, Billing, and Premium Processing areas and actively engage in Process Optimization operational reviews and initiate transformative change in areas assigned, looking for automation opportunities and process improvements & efficiencies.
Leverages technology and analytics skills to apply basic to intermediate data analysis practices that benefit Business and IT strategic initiatives. Performs intermediate to advanced data profiling, metadata documentation, data lineage, and data transformation rules in support of key program deliverables. Meets data management needs of internal and external clients according to established standards, including problem research/resolution and customer education. Provides data subject matter expertise within areas of knowledge to Business and IT organizations. Performs data impact analyses in partnership with project teams. Supports the building of strategic model solutions including transformation rules and attribute relationships.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Data Quality:
- Ensures consistency, accuracy, timeliness, validity and completeness of data
- Implements processes to promote data quality for business purposes
- Performs moderately complex data profiling and analysis; communicates results in support of data quality processes.
- Meets with business customers to develop and maintain business data requirements and specifications
- Data Governance:
- Develops, implements, executes and documents data management policies, standards and best practices
- Drives the discussion and collaborates with partners on the submission and review of any governance artifacts
- Data Analysis:
- Demonstrates and applies detailed understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
- Participates in the creation of data models (e.g. entity design and population)
- Performs testing and validation of business requirements
- Creates detailed test strategies and test plans.
- Performs moderately complex root cause analysis and resolution of business data issues
- Metadata Mgmt/ Data Catalog:
- Trains others in applying metadata standards.
- Performing intermediate to advanced metadata documentation, data lineage, data transformation rules in support of key program deliverables.
- Implements metadata repositories
- Data Stewardship:
- Understand who the data stewards are and their purpose
- Leverage them as appropriate
- Data Security:
- Ensures data and information are handled in accordance with established laws, regulations and policies.
- Data Culture:
- Embodies and promotes the Travelers data culture values
- Knowledge Management:
- Uses tools, processes and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance
- Actively promotes a knowledge sharing culture
- Assists with the designing the creation, maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or Business.
- 3 years of relevant data and analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Technical Knowledge:
- Intermediate knowledge of Data Management tools, techniques and programing languages
- Demonstrates general understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
- Experience performing data analytics and writing SQL queries
- Experience with Data Profiling & Data Quality, recommending improvements to best practices
- 5 years of data management or relevant analytics experience
- IDMA or DAMA Certifications
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognize and analyze business and data issues of intermediate complexity with minimal supervision.
- Recognize when escalation is necessary.
- Able to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and effective solution to resolve business problems.
- Relationship Management:
- Ability to foster relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Works with other areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Able to manage time and competing priorities
- Provides manager with accurate and timely status information.
- Able to accurately evaluate and estimate tasks.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.