Client Services Manager, Commercial
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community with products that fit the specific needs of both businesses and individuals, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The candidate must be an exceedingly effective communicator and a team player. This is a potentially remote position, but it is fast paced environment and requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize on a daily basis. The individual should have a positive attitude and be a quick learner. He/she must be able to work independently in this position.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and coaching from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Assist Producer in servicing and remarketing existing accounts for commercial lines.
- Keep producer informed regarding client issues.
- Coordinate expirations with producer to obtain renewal information. Maintain expiration control log.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including loss history.
- Work closely with company underwriters in negotiating sales and service related items on behalf of the client.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with company representatives and underwriters.
- Cross-sell and round out existing accounts within assigned Book of Business.
- Determine premiums, prepare and present proposals to clients.
- Prepare coverage comparisons as needed.
- Issue binders, extensions and certificates as needed with assistance from CSA.
- Maintain all underwriting, marketing, applications, and other information essential for documentation purposes.
- Review incoming mail, route appropriate items to CSA for processing and prioritize daily workflow.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, signatures. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Process transactions to generate billing invoices and prepare premium finance contracts with assistance from CSA.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance matters or administrative issues, and comply with the request.
- Search company records to obtain information requested by customer.
- Analyze policy transactions and correct company records to adjust errors.
- Interpret policy provisions to determine methods of effecting desired changes, type of insurance, or change in method of payment.
- Maintain electronic activity system and documentation to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and activity items.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 2-20 License Required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination;
- Experience dealing with multiple insurance carriers.
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- Organizational & time management skills.
- Dependable and Team Player.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hand and fingers, read, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must life and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Reports to: Commercial Lines Department Manager
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Other: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Great Reasons to Work at W3:
- Potential for remote work;
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual.
Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.