Producer (Sales), Employee Benefits
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community.
The successful candidate will develop and manage an active pipeline through seeking out prospect clients, conducting needs analysis/risk assessments, presenting information on our capabilities with the goal to win and retain our clients’ business. They will also consistently provide excellent customer service and leadership to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and coaching from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales plan.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments.
- Survey and qualify prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies and employment records.
- Collect detailed underwriting Information including census, billing and loss history.
- Create and deliver formal proposals of insurance.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Collect required deposit premiums prior to binding.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution.
- Participate in renewals by reviewing expiration listing to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Be familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two to five years of related sales experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Florida 215 or 218 Life & Health License is required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and qualifications:
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team player
- Professional demeanor
- Superior customer service skills
- Open to diversity
- Supportive of organizational efforts and policies
- Mindful judgment
- Show initiative
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hand and fingers, read, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must life and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Reports to: Employee Benefits Department Manager
Position Type: Exempt
- The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
- W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
- Candidate must carry a minimum of $100,000/300,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
Great Reasons to Work at W3:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual.
Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.