Vice President, Management Liability Claims
IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for a Vice President of Claims for Management Liability that will lead the claims discipline for the IAT Claims Department. The position can be located at any of the IAT locations and is responsible for all administration, technical supervision and development oversight of a claims team that handles claims under Management Liability insurance policies.
- Lead a team of management liability claim adjusters, through the application of Best Practices and strong supervisory skills.
- Prepare reports (i.e., Large Loss Memos, quarterly claim reviews, etc.) to management which accurately reflect loss development, potential/actual financial exposure, coverage issues, claim and recovery strategies.
- Represent Management Liability Claims in claim strategic initiatives (or lead team); lead Management Liability Claims strategic initiatives.
- Drive and develop the technical acumen of the team, handling complex and high severity liability matters.
- Management of claims systems and data for accuracy and timely reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate reserving practices.
- Provide guidance with respect to technical oversight of claims, including timely coverage reviews and coverage correspondence.
- Within authority limit, retain, monitor, manage and approve payments to outside counsel on litigation matters, actively utilizing litigation management plans and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with Claims Best Practices to ensure claim handling discipline and superior Quality Review and Audit scores.
- Effectively manage vendor quality and service, establish and assist in maintenance of vendor panels.
- Closely collaborate with underwriting and actuary business partners to help improve overall performance of portfolio departments regarding claim activities and trends as well as product development.
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree with at least 15 years of experience actively managing management liability claims and litigation either with a carrier or in-house claims department (D&O experience preferred) or the equivalent amount of experience.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 19 years of experience as detailed above.
- Juris Doctor or Master's/Bachelor's Degree in related field is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience managing claims professionals.
- Strong leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
- Superior negotiating, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.