Underwriting Specialist | Brokerage
IAT has an immediate opening for a Production Underwriter in our Brokerage area. This role will be tasked with risk evaluation, selection, and pricing in a timely manner to produce an underwriting profit while maintaining a positive image in the peer marketplace.
The ideal candidate will have E&S risk experience and experience managing and growing a book focused on general liability, products liability and liquor liability.
- Review and analyze underwriting files, using judgment and experience as primary criteria, to accept new business or continue renewals within established authority level.
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the underwriting file to establish accuracy in identification and minimizing risk of exposure, utilizing change requests, claim information, loss control and outside databases to identify changes in exposure to risk.
- Review, evaluate and determine account premium levels using sound judgment consistent with established company premium modification plans within authority limits.
- Read, evaluate and interpret contracts and policies to determine exposures providing guidance and clarification to others consistent with experience.
- Provide clarification and verification of coverage to the Claims Department consistent with experience.
- Market to assigned producers to achieve acceptable new business flow.
- Assess producer activity; provide clarification to agency personnel about company's position in visits to assigned agencies consistent with experience.
- Conduct annual customer stewardship meetings with key accounts.
- Service large, specialized producers.
- Conduct annual planning meetings with assigned
- Conduct quarterly stewardship meetings with key producers.
- Underwrite and manage a large book of business.
- Collaborate with supervisor or others on unusual cases.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Collaborate with other team members on unique or unusual risks
- Collaborate with premium audit and loss control as necessary
- Bachelors' degree in Risk Management, Finance, Mathematics, Business or related with at least 8 years-experience in commercial Insurance or equivalent
- Equivalent is defined as 14 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excess and Surplus is required.
- Must possess the ability to appropriately apply loss development and advanced loss analysis concepts to achieve optimal pricing of a risk.
- Must possess the ability to creatively utilize coverage features, deductibles, or reinsurance on individual risks to achieve company objectives.
- CPCU, ARM, or AU industry designations preferred.
- INS21, 22 and 23 or equivalent is a plus.
- Agency Management is a must.
- Requires strong math aptitude, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess knowledge of various computer programs, internet based programs, and PC literate in the use of spreadsheets.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
To be formally considered one must apply online through the IAT Career Site
Steve Morley | Senior Recruiter