Underwriting Director | Management Liability
We are excited to announce that the Management Liability team within IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for an Underwriting Director. This position will partner with our wholesalers, retailers, and aggregators to grow a profitable book. This position can work from one of our offices in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, or Scottsdale. For the right candidate, other IAT locations can be considered including remote.
The ideal candidate will have at least 12 years of Management Liability experience.
- Review and analyze underwriting files, using judgment and experience as primary criteria, to accept new business or continue renewals within established authority level.
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the underwriting file to establish accuracy in identification and minimizing risk of exposure, utilizing change requests, claim information, loss control and outside databases to identify changes in exposure to risk.
- Review, evaluate and determine account premium levels using sound judgment consistent with established company premium modification plans within authority limits.
- Read, evaluate and interpret contracts and policies to determine exposures providing guidance and clarification to others consistent with experience.
- Provide clarification and verification of coverage to the team members consistent with experience.
- Cultivating relationships; while also achieving organizational goals; applying diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively work with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, demographics, experiences, etc., instilling inclusion in the workplace.
- Values people of all different backgrounds, cultures, and demographics contributes to an environment that makes all people feel included as well as experience a sense of belonging and fair treatment. Accepting and respectful of all differences (i.e., cultural, religious, gender, racial, nationality, knowledge, experiences, perspectives, etc.)
- Markets to assigned agencies to achieve acceptable new business flow.
- Assess distributor activity; provide clarification to distributor personnel about company's position in visits to assigned distributors consistent with experience.
- Conduct annual customer stewardship meetings with key accounts.
- Service large, specialized distributors.
- Conduct annual planning meetings with assigned distributors.
- Conduct semi-annual stewardship meetings with key distributors.
- Underwrite and manage a large book of business.
- Collaborate with supervisor or others on unusual cases.
- Coaches and mentors junior team members.
- Works with product team in book of business analysis and base rate decisions.
- Attends and participates in key industry associations (PLUS, NAPSLO, etc.)
- Works on significant and unique issues that impact entire book of business. Provides guidance and mentorship for project work.
- Lead and champion BU specific and enterprise wide project initiatives.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Bachelors' degree in Risk Management, Finance, Mathematics, Business or related with at least 12 years' experience in Management Liability Insurance or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as 16 years of relevant experience.
- Must have extensive management liability underwriting experience
- Proven track record in strong business and financial acumen
- Must possess the ability to appropriately apply loss development and advanced loss analysis concepts to achieve optimal pricing of a risk.
- Must possess the ability to creatively utilize coverage features, deductibles, or reinsurance on individual risks to achieve company objectives.
- CPCU, ARM, or AU industry designations preferred.
- Requires strong math aptitude, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess knowledge of various computer programs, internet-based programs, and PC literate in the use of spreadsheets.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
To be formally considered one must apply online through the IAT Career Site.
Applicants should monitor their email for status updates and or requests.
Steve Morley | Senior Recruiter
Connect | www.linkedin.com/in/stevemorley916