Commercial Property Senior Claims Specialist
The Claims department with IAT has an immediate opening for a Senior Commercial Property Claims Specialist within the commercial property department that can be located in our Alpharetta, Georgia or Raleigh, North Carolina locations. This role will be tasked with handling complex exposure claims for commercial properties. Furthermore, this role will determine the extent of the company's liability and attempts to effect an out-of-court settlement with claimant and could be tasked with handling litigation cases.
- Handles highly complex exposure claims relative to commercial property based on Claim Guidelines.
- Perform CAT Duty as needed that will require occasionally working Schedules Weekends work hours, overnight work hours, holiday work hours (Federal and religious), etc.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree with 8 years of relevant commercial property claims experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as 12+ years of relevant commercial property claims experience.
- Must be able to understand fire loss.
- Must be able to identify and investigate subrogation potential of a claims.
- Must have the ability draft appropriate and professional correspondence.
- Must have good estimating skills and be proficient with Xactimate.
- Field adjusting experience of losses in excess of $250,000 is preferred.
- Must have multiple years of demonstrable experience successfully working remote if your desired location is a remote office.
- Ability to handle business income losses.
- Advanced knowledge of Property Claim Law and jurisdictional issues.
- Licensure as required by respective state(s).
- CPCU and other insurance related studies are beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze date, utilize sound judgment to draw conclusion and make supported decisions.
- Able to interpret insurance policy contracts and identify how its coverage applies to a particular loss.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.