Commercial Property Claims Specialist
The Claims department within IAT has an immediate opening for a Commercial Property Claims Specialist located in our Alpharetta, Georgia or Raleigh, North Carolina locations. The Claims Specialist is responsible for investigating the extent of the company's liability and will be responsible for handling commercial property claims that are moderate to severe in exposure, from inception until conclusion of the claim. This could also include overseeing routine litigation cases.
The primary responsibilities are below:
- Handles claims, moderate to severe in scope, relative to commercial property based on Claim Guidelines.
- Perform CAT duty as needed that will require occasionally working weekend hours, overnight hours, holiday hours (Federal and religious), etc.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data where answers can be readily obtained.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of commercial property claims adjusting or examining experience a must.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 9+ years of claim adjusting experience relating to commercial property claims.
- Must be able to understand fire loss.
- Must have subrogation experience.
- Must have good estimating skills and be proficient with Xactimate.
- Field adjusting experience preferred.
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office, including Word & Excel.
- Licensure as required by respective state(s).
- CPCU and other insurance related studies are beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze date, utilize sound judgment to draw conclusion and make supported decisions.
- Knowledge of various property insurance coverages and forms.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now, or in the future.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.