Associate Manager, Social Experience
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
The Associate Manager, Social Experience is a key resource within Allstate's Social Media Center of Excellence (COE). The Social Media COE is part of Corporate Brand: a department within the larger “Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Brand” division. This role is on the Social Experience Team, which is tasked with creating upper and middle social content and experiences for Allstate that drive both brand reputation and the business.
Allstate believes everyone deserves to live a life well protected. The Associate Manager, Social Experience will help bring this belief to life through the creation and distribution of social content for Allstate's “flagship” social media channels. Their work should result in increased content quality, performance, brand love and consumer engagement with Allstate.
The Associate Manager, Social Experience is the “showrunner”. Responsible with making social content, they have knowledge of how creative ideas come to life. Part strategist, communication planner, project manager and copywriter they are responsible for writing the creative brief, managing the project timeline, communicating with partners, providing creative feedback and launching final creative. This person works tirelessly in service of great ideas.
As a person, the Associate Manager, Social Experience is passionate about growing purpose-driven brands through social experiences. They are a social media expert, who is excited to push boundaries and lead a new social vision grounded in consumer experiences. They understand the art of inspiring creatives and that good creative doesn't just happen. Colleagues would say this person is known as a “kind collaborator” who works well with cross-functional teams and someone who is passionate and advocates for a “creative-first” approach.Key Responsibilities
- Develops social experiences that solve business problems.
- Develops and executes social strategy.
- Writes inspiring, data-driven creative briefs for our Creative Center of Excellence founded on human problems/insights.
- Proactively monitors cultural and category trends to uncover new insights that can be applied to the business.
- Collaborates on integrated campaigns to develop social extensions specific to the behaviors and best practices for each platform.
- Champions and challenges good ideas.
- Owns project management/project schedule.
- Manages and owns a social calendar.
- Partners with Digital Insights lead to develop creative testing program.
- Owns key social platform relationships
- Partners with media team to execute and report on paid social campaigns. Partners with Digital Insights lead to report on organic and earned campaigns.
- Helps grow direct reports + junior level talent to help advance them to the next level.
- 5+ years of strategy experience working on a social team, at a social agency, or at a social platform
- Strong brief writing is essential
- Experience with social copywriting
- Strong internal relationships, especially with creative team
- Sees the big picture and has the vision and leadership to drive big ideas
- Resourceful problem solver who likes to get stuff done
- Comfortable in managing constantly evolving platform landscape while providing clear POV's and willingness to align / educate / compromise with internal partners
- Demonstrated content strategy and planning experience
- Paid, earned and owned campaign case studies
- Deep understanding of paid social advertising including creative best practices and reporting
- Understanding of how ideas are talked about and spread on social media
- Ability to provide strategic feedback to creative teams and report on content performance
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment