Director, Marketing & Client Service
About the Role
The Director, Marketing and Client Service is a leadership position with a regional insurance brokerage that’s headquartered in New York City. Extensive commercial property & casualty experience in marketing and client service is required. Here are some other specs on the position:
- Location: Remote, work-from-home role within the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Key areas where the agency has an existing presence includes Virginia/D.C., Philadelphia, New York City, the Tri-State area and New England.
- Travel Expectations: Some travel to see clients and insurance company partners is required. More so, as a leader you’ll need to spend some time with your staff in New York City. The proposed expectation right now is at least 2x/month working in the New York office.
- Compensation: $300k+ compensation package including a salary & strong bonus/incentive comp plan.
- Reason For the Opening: This is a newly created role. The firm is in a season of tremendous growth, and the executive leaders recognize the need for a new leader to manage non-sales operations. You’ll focus on creating high performing marketing and account management teams. You’ll utilize the latest technology, workflow strategies and competitive market access to keep client retention at an all-time high.
Duties & Responsibilities
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll be involved with:
- Marketing and carrier development
- System utilization to ensure optimal use of the agency’s management systems
- Process management and service efficiencies
- Carrier relationship management
- Client retention & deliverables
- Operations leadership- hiring, training and mentoring; portfolio management & book performance (aka % of opportunities closed, submission-to-market ratio and quoting timeliness)
Skills & Experience
- Extensive Commercial P&C retail brokerage background with demonstrated success in leading marketing and client service divisions
- Achievements in process improvement, strategic marketing and client retention initiatives