CorVel Corporation, a leading provider of health management and billing technology is seeking a collaborative Web Application Engineer to be a part of our team. The ideal candidate will possess a keen attention to detail, a background in web application development and a thorough understanding of industry standards. You must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize properly. You will have the patience to listen and understand and the confidence to speak up and explain your decisions.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time employees and includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, and paid time off.
- Design, develop and maintain complex software systems.
- Perform requirements analysis, design, peer reviews and documentation.
- Provide documentation for implementation, deployment and QA teams.
- Apply sound software engineering processes, including iterative development, unit testing, source code control, inspections and reviews.
- Apply knowledge and expertise to fix complex problems.
- Learn our business model and understand existing applications as it relates to your projects.
- Keep abreast of software development language revisions and technological advances.
- 5+ years of experience in .Net C# development.
- Strong relational database skills including proficiency in SQL, stored procedures and database architecture (MSSQL 2008 or higher)
- Microsoft SQL skills
- Proven track record designing/building enterprise solutions that are scalable and extensible.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a combination of education and experience.
- Comfortable working in a team setting or independently.
- Good Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with SOA architecture with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Web API (ASP.Net).
- Proficiency with healthcare security and compliance.