Are you a new or recent college graduate looking to kick-start your career as an Actuary?
As an Actuarial Analyst at Great West, you will apply advanced actuarial science techniques and theories to enhance the company's risk management activities while researching and developing revised rates, rating factors, and pricing models. You will regularly have the opportunity to be assigned special projects in which you will assist or lead the preparation of quarterly reports, development of new product lines or programs, and lead ad-hoc projects. Annually, you will work on rate filings for multiple lines of business.
Great West provides entry-level Actuaries with the opportunity to get a broad view of both the trucking and insurance industry. As part of an eight-person team, you will have decision-making authority and ample variety in your work with the chance to touch all product lines. With the support of your manager and team, you will become a master of the experience-rating process and work daily with underwriters in your assigned region. We work hard yet promote a work-life balance so that you can be successful both professionally and personally.
We value professional development and will support your pursuit to successfully pass all actuarial exams as well as obtain insurance specific certifications. This includes ample study time, paid study materials and exam fees, and scheduled salary increases upon successful completion of each exam, as well as bonuses for achieving Associateship and Fellowship.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor's degree.
- Successful completion of at least one, preferably two, actuarial exams.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Excel. Experience with a programming language such as SQL, R or Python a plus.
- One to two years' experience or completion of an internship is preferred.
- A desire to learn the business and the ability to partner with business operators.
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We do not sponsor applicants for an employment visa.
Due to COVID-19, this position currently works remotely. Once conditions change and we are back in the office, the role will regularly report to the South Sioux City office for work.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and family medical leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.