Director of Broker Relationships, Western Region
Who We Are
Nonprofits Insurance Alliance (NIA) is the nation’s leading property and casualty (P&C) insurer exclusively serving nonprofit organizations. Founded in 1989 in Santa Cruz, CA, NIA is a social enterprise developing the long-term sustainability of the nonprofit sector. NIA has one of the best customer retention rates in the industry and has a well-established track record as an innovator in the areas of corporate social responsibility (CSR), specialized coverages, members services, and employee engagement.
The Director of Broker Relationships, Western Region serves as the lead point of contact for all new and appointed brokers with a focus on building, maintaining and retaining strong, long-lasting relationships with NIA. The goal is that brokers think of NIA first when looking to place a 501(c)(3) organization with an insurance carrier.
The Director works closely with appointed brokers in the region to ensure satisfaction, grow submission count, uncover large account opportunities, forecast and track key account metrics, and working knowledge on NIA appetite and processes. This position will also cultivate and develop new broker relationships. This role requires extensive ability to collaborate across the organization and with the CEO, CMO and Chief Underwriting Officer. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Broker Services and will require travel in a post-COVID environment.
· Broker Development
o Develop and implement a strategy to build strong relationships with appointed and new brokers and increase new business application counts
o Setup and manage broker meetings across the region to strengthen relationships and provide training
o Develop appropriate new broker relationships
o Evaluate and recommend broker compensation arrangements
o Serve as broker marketing resource, including attending meetings with large prospects and renewing members
o In collaboration with Insurance Operations, establish broker benchmarks and develop relevant broker reports and statistics to monitor key production indicators and provide brokers with feedback on how they are performing with us
· Product Analysis and Development
o Maintains view of competitive landscape and report back to internal stakeholders on ways to maintain competitive edge in the market
o Participate in the development of new products and services
· Thorough understanding of 501(c)3 insurance market
· Ability to manage complex client relationships
· Results-driven mentality
· Demonstrated ability to manage a territory
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Fluency with data analysis and working in Excel
· In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
· Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
· Collaborative approach to working inside and outside NIA
· Negotiation and persuasion skills
· Business intelligence a must
· Must have adequate hearing to perform job tasks
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, reach or sit for up to 3 hours at a time.
· Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly view computer screen
· The employee may occasionally life and/or move up to 10-20 pounds
· Either based in our main office in Santa Cruz, CA or remote, work from home in a city in the region.
· Travel required in a post-COVID environment.
Education & Experience
· At least 10 years of experience in commercial P&C insurance, including at least 5 years as a nonprofit specialist
· Experience in business development or account management
· B.A. or B.S. degree in Business or Insurance strongly preferred (or directly-related equivalent experience required).
If you are interested in applying for a position, please submit your resume and a cover letter that tells us why you want to work for AMS, a member of the Nonprofits Insurance Alliance via our career portal: https://insurancefornonprofits.org/contact/employment/employment-opportunities/