Design, develop and deliver instructor-led live training and remotely where necessary. Support development of LMS online courses and Property & Casualty with claims training and orientation when catastrophes occur.
1. Facilitate in-person and virtual training for both newly hired and existing employees.
2. Consult with Training Team and Claims leadership to identify performance opportunities that require training remediation as well as changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
3. Present training content that can be delivered via Classroom Facilitation, Remote Facilitation, Self-Paced Online learning, and Job Aids and Reference Guides.
4. Supervise new employees in a training environment and report on their progress
5. Schedules/Coordinates the training classes in partnership with Training Team and Claims Management team.
6. Measure effectiveness of training efforts.
7. Identify learning gaps and opportunities and sets training strategies and priorities to achieve these goals and objectives; provides direct training feedback to ensure learning gaps are understood by the trainee.
8. Designs, develops and delivers training via traditional and virtual classroom methods including: one-on-one sessions, job aids and participant/facilitator guides.
9. Evaluates training effectiveness and makes modifications as appropriate.
10. Ensures the quality and consistency of course content.
11. Responds quickly in catastrophes to support Claim Management
1. Knowledgeable in customer service procedures and skills
2. Coordinate and lead inter-departmental projects and training
3. Ability to plan objectives and determine action
4. Other skills and abilities:
5. Excellent facilitation skills
6. Superior organizational ability with an emphasis on project management skills
This position will eventually develop into a supervisor role.
Bradenton, Florida office.
Will need to be able to move desks and chairs and present training on a stage setting for extended periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Specific workdays will be assessed based on volume of work, but shall not fall below 5 days in a standard work week.
This position may require limited travel in the state of Florida and occasionally national conferences.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry education is required
2. 5 or more years of Property Claims or insurance industry experience required
3. 2 or more years of facilitating training sessions and developing learning programs/ curriculum preferred
4. Proficiency in Adult Learning Theory
5. Understanding of Insurance Claims Operations and Procedures
6. Prior Property Claims handling experience in a variety of coverages required
7. Prior supervisory skills preferred