Senior Account Manager - Employee Benefits
The Senior Account Manager (SAM) is an experienced/technically proficient client-facing position that is responsible for supporting Sales, Account Management and Underwriting (the Team) with the development of the overall strategic plan and for driving the successful delivery of the day-to-day service related activities to retain/grow assigned client accounts (Book of Business).
- Autonomously manage the client life-cycle deliverables (of increasing complexity) with guidance from the Benefit Consultant and Team Lead (where appropriate) to ensure the successful retention of a Book of Business (94% Renewal Rate).
- With guidance from the Team Lead and Producer, lead account strategy/direction.
- Beyond foundational knowledge (strategic account planning, effective communication and project management), complete necessary training and professional development to further develop technical and subject matter expertise.
- Maintain up-to-date client files/internal systems in accordance with CSG’s standard protocols.
- Compliance with CSG’s processes and operating standards.
- As part of the client life-cycle (on-boarding, ongoing support and renewal), work closely with the Team to execute on the day-to-day service deliverables for ALL lines of coverage and products by:
- Identifying a client’s goals/objectives and working with the team lead to develop a multi-year strategic plan (roadmap),
- Defining an annual service delivery calendar (life-cycle) in support of the multi-year strategic plan (roadmap),
- Preparing the various deliverables by leveraging team member expertise, available tools, established standards/work products, etc. to manage client expectations and ensure timely delivery of materials in accordance with the client life-cycle,
- Effectively communicating and presenting findings, analysis and recommendations in meetings/calls/emails (i.e. setting agendas and appropriate internal/external follow-up),
- Preparing standard and ad-hoc reports and other client related projects (as needed),
- Developing, cultivating and maintaining strong client/vendor relationships,
- At various times throughout the year (i.e. Open Enrollment), review employee education and communication materials (i.e. Benefit Guides).
- Research, respond and/or resolve client inquiries/service-related issues independently, involving team members, subject matter experts and resources when necessary.
- Maintain internal systems (i.e. BenfitPoint and Oracle) and client files in accordance with CSG’s data standards and filing requirements.
- Ensure that contact information for all client stakeholders is appropriately managed for purposes of both Client Satisfaction (NPS) and Thought Leadership.
- In order to identify/overcome gaps, work with Team Lead and Producer to create and periodically review/update/manage Internal Account Plan.
- Interact with carriers and vendors on behalf of the client and the team.
- Identify and leverage resources appropriate for upsell opportunities.
- Responsible for reconciling client revenue monthly (BenefitPoint vs. Finance Accrued Revenue).
- Develop new and creative benefit solutions with guidance.
- As it relates to your concentration/subject matter expertise, act as a resource and provide updates to team members (i.e. team meetings).
Qualifications for Position:
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience – 5+ years of prior practical account management experience with a health and welfare carrier or broker is required.
- Licensure/Certification – State Specific Resident Life & Health License is required.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized and responsive,
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of:
- CSG suite of services and available solutions
- Insurance and healthcare related products
- All regulatory and compliance related matters (including client impact/applicability)
- Ability to model complex financial implications from benefit programs,
- Skilled in negotiating with insurance carriers,
- Ability to identify problems and create effective solutions,
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word,
- Ability to quickly learn new skills,
- Works collaboratively with a team as well as independently, capable of meeting deadlines and delegating when necessary,
- Ability to establish meaningful/deep relationships with internal and external stakeholders,
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate composure/resilience under pressure - Comfortable switching between clients and tasks to meet deadlines,
- Possesses a basic understanding of general business and financial concepts,
- Ability to effectively create, organize and manage a project plan, and
- Comfortable understanding a client, their industry, and cost drivers to develop strategy/long-term plan based on their goals/objectives.