Finance - Controller
Reporting to the Regional CFO, this is an accounting leadership position responsible for managing the accounting operations including, financial reporting, budgeting, account reconciliations, agency and direct bill production and related accounts receivable and producer commission expense, company and vendors payables and other general ledger accounts specifically assigned. Responsible for ensuring transactions are processed in a timely manner in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
he Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing cash reconciliations, reconciling intercompany accounts, balance sheet account reconciliations, and expense trend analysis. The Senior Accountant supports financial operations by performing complex accounting services related to preparing, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing various financial statements, assisting with budgeting, forecasting and audit preparation.
- Supervises and trains accounting staff, ensuring transactions are processed in a timely manner in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensures all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements and deadlines are met to the Region and Corporate Office. Works closely with Agency Leadership to manage profit and growth of agency.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the monthly financial statements, including (1) the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers or account support documents to the general ledger (2) the identification and explanation of actual vs. budget revenue or expense fluctuations (3) the preparation and accuracy of various financial management related reports.
- Maintains the Agency management system from an accounting perspective.
- Manages accounts receivable and ensures the accounts receivable policy is properly enforced.
- Manages vendor and carrier payables to within the respective timelines required.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, priorities, policies and procedures relating to the accounting department.
- Directs the maintenance of accounting records to document receipts and expenditures.
- Responsible for maintaining and identifying improvements to improve the overall internal control environment to assist in preventing and detecting errors from occurring, safeguarding the Agency’s assets. An ideal candidate will have:
- BA or BS degree in accounting or a related field is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in working with multiple agencies in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in general accounting.
- Familiarity with the accepted accounting practices involved in monitoring financial systems and resolving complex accounts. Capable knowledge of accounting procedures and practices.
- Competent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels in the organization and external parties.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics, Benefit Point, ASM360 and Oracle preferred