NSM Insurance Group is the nation's leading specialty insurance provider with more than $1 billion in premium across 25+ specialty insurance programs and brands in the U.S. and UK. For more than 30 years, the company has been exclusively focused on building successful insurance programs and continually seeks new opportunities to grow and expand through strategic mergers and acquisitions.
Relationships are paramount at NSM because we know that's what drives mutual, long-term success. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and startup mindset within an established organization that continues to redefine what specialty insurance means and how it impacts everyday lives. Employee are given endless opportunities to expand their interests and skillsets, push breakthrough ideas and take risks. Our open, supportive environment gives employees the confidence to take ownership of their work as if the business was their own.
At NSM, we Build Success every day for our people, carrier partners, agents and insureds — because we know our success is built on yours.
We are searching for a Staff Accountant to join our growing team and assist in reporting and reconciliation duties. This role will be involved with various aspects of the finance department and will report to an accounting manager. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas. Our ideal candidate is a motivated problem-solver who can work independently, think critically and provide quality ideas to improving the organization's processes.Responsibilities
- Perform day to day general accounting activities
- Perform monthly account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts
- Transmit electronic payment files to bank and research rejected and returned transactions
- Address and resolve payment-related issues for internal and external customers
- Prepare, input and archive journal entries
- Perform billing activities as necessary
- Prepare documentation for auditors
- Maintain departmental files in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Assist with testing for system implementations
- Additional duties as defined
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or accounting-related field
- 3 years minimum experience in accounting
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and accountability
- Flexibility, passion and drive in making functions/processes more efficient
- Ability to build strong working relationships with operational and financial personnel
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent ability to analyze data and circumstances
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines