Finance - Accounting - Statutory Accounting Officer - AVP
Statutory Accounting Officer - AVP
Long Island based commercial auto insurance company seeks a Statutory Accounting AVP who will be responsible for financial budgets, projections & analysis as well as the preparation of statutory financial statements and filings.
Statutory & GAAP Accounting & Reporting
· Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Statutory closing statements and reports, including premium, losses and investment income.
· Stay current with statutory rules and regulations and determine what impact changes will have on business.
· Preparation of all aspects of quarterly and annual statements including all supporting schedules
· Preparation and review of all reinsurance accounting, billing & collections
· Preparation of all aspects of financial statements including all supporting schedules.
· Establish policies and procedures for STAT & GAAP accounting and reporting.
· Responsible for monthly closing process and monthly reporting
· Assist in the preparation of STAT to GAAP reconciliations
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly consolidations, federal taxes and state taxes.
Financial Projections & Analysis
· Preparation of financial forecasts and analysis
· Preparation of expense budgets and analysis of cost drivers
· Preparation and maintenance of operation performance metrics
· Preparation of ad hoc analysis reports and rating agency filings
· Establish policies and procedures for cost structure reporting
· Develop and manage projects as assigned by defining project scope, resources and achieving deliverables on time and within budget
· Ad hoc research and analysis
· Supervise and manage Accounting staff responsible for:
o Statutory Accounting and reporting
o Reinsurance accounting, billing & collections
o Investment accounting
o Premium taxes and other regulatory filings
o Policyholder deductibles accounting, billing & collections
Qualifications & Experience
· Bachelors’ Degree or better in Accounting, CPA a plus.
· 5-10 years of experience in accounting management of a P&C insurance company preparing statutory reports & GAAP reports
· Strong technical knowledge of Statutory and GAAP Insurance Accounting Standards
· Experience must include completing all components of statutory blanks and supplemental filings for admitted companies for all 50 states.
· Experience with triennial exams.
· STAT to GAAP reconciliation experience
· Experienced with financial forecasts & analysis
· Analysis of operating expense budgeting & cost drivers
· Experience in streamlining processes and implementation of automation
· BA in accounting or related field. MBA a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Experience with ERP and Budgeting & Planning platforms preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Apply for Finance - Accounting - Statutory Accounting Officer - AVP
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly