Director, Risk Management & Insurance Services
FCCS is currently searching for someone to help lead our hard-working and forward-thinking Risk Management & Insurance Services team (RMIS). This role reports to the SVP, RMIS and proactively supports customers, provides consultation to clients and strategic partners, oversees insurance policy placements, and works with the members of the RMIS department and others at FCCS. We will look to the person in this role to provide subject matter expertise to the members of the RMIS team, its customers, insurance brokers, commercial insurers and other strategic partnerships.
This role is accountable for setting and achieving strategic business plan objectives within RMIS and the Captive. Along with other RMIS leadership, this position develops new insurance and risk management program opportunities for Farm Credit System clients and other clients. We will look to the person in this role to support the risk management & insurance underwriting and claim databases and lead administrative efficiencies within the department.
We are looking for someone with strong communication skills to be able to articulate and present coverage concepts to a vast and diverse customer base both virtually and at client locations. These activities include the ability to prepare and present presentations on a myriad commercial insurance coverage and risk management concepts at customer meetings and conferences.
Salary range for this position is $96,000-$158,000 annually.
- Support and coach a team of Risk Management professionals.
- Identify, measure and manage insurable risks, develop reports and plans, and analyze risk/insurance problems and successes for the Farm Credit System and the Farm Credit Systems Association Captive Insurance Company (Captive).
- Responsible for maintaining the RMIS database and accuracy of the data input; assist customers with Origami CRM questions and system related issues; works to develop best practices within the Origami system.
- Works with other team members, manage, administer, market and renew all programs for Risk Management and the Farm Credit System Association Captive Insurance Company (the Captive) on behalf of the Farm Credit System. Participate in underwriter meetings with carriers and brokers. Develop and maintain relationships with intermediaries as appropriate, including setting and managing their compensation.
- Develop and maintain Strategic Account Management relationships with Farm Credit and other customers.
- Provide expertise and guidance to the Programs team for the preparation, gathering and organizing annual program participation and renewal information for existing policies, and for research, development, marketing and implementation of new programs either through conventional insurance or the Captive.
- Provide expertise and guidance to the Claims team for policy contract language interpretation and overall claims support.
- Participate in Captive Board meetings and FCCS Senior Operations Team and planning team meetings to develop long- and short-range strategic plans for RMIS and the Captive.
- Oversees Enterprise Risk Management framework for the organization. Reports results to Captive Board on quarterly basis.
- Along with other team members, manage and negotiate services provided by insurance carriers, third party administrators, software providers, and other vendors and alliances as needed.
- Participate in developing risk management conferences and facilitating presentations.
- Oversees accuracy of polices and endorsements issuance, open item reports with brokers and that insurance coverage has been placed per the underwriting submissions, coverages bound, including all manuscript policy wordings are correctly issued.
- Oversees Marshall & Swift database, or similar, for all Owned Property valuation updates.
- Oversees the Farm Credit System's annual coverage and exposure audit, including gathering information from the System and communicating with carrier auditors.
- Oversees the collection, consolidation, analysis and reporting of quarterly updates from the System (Vessel and Leased Property).
- Oversees the annual revision process of the Annual Stewardship Report and Policy Register, as well as integrating these reports into the Origami database.
- Oversees the placements of Flood insurance in the National Flood Insurance Program and with commercial insurers, and track premiums and commissions with customers and brokers.
- Oversees the System’s Surety Bond program, through communication with the insurance broker and the Farm Credit System.
- Assists with Risk Assessments & Business Continuity Testing by researching, analyzing and evaluating clients’ Business Continuity Plan information.
- Analyzes and applies principles of risk management and financial analysis to all programs to ensure proper risk transfer and insurance coverage is in place.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with customers, claimants, brokers, insurers, vendors and others about Risk Management programs, changes, and opportunities.
- Clearly and concisely articulates, presents and explains technical insurance coverage concepts and policy provisions to customers, brokers, underwriters, and Boards of Directors.
- Present annually at FCCS Risk Management and Insurance Conference/Workshop.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or as responsibilities necessitate and participate in company-wide teams and committees as requested.
- Minimum of 10 years of Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage or similar technical insurance experience required. Experience must include the ability to independently and clearly negotiate all lines of commercial insurance coverages, negotiate policy language and terms, and place insurance with Brokers and retail insurance and reinsurance markets.
- Two to three (2-3) years’ experience managing a small group of property and casualty administrative positions preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to analyze insurance and claims data and clearly articulate and translate same into business analysis report/graphics demonstrating claims trends and developments.
- Experience with presenting analytical information to senior leadership and C-Suite audiences.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills for working with employees at all levels of the company and clients.
- Proven attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure and adjust to changing priorities.
- Able to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
- Able to maintain a consistently high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast paced, service-focused environment.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment while also able to work independently.
- Applies critical thinking and past experiences in developing value added risk management and insurance coverage solutions. This includes being able to analyze exposure changes in underwriting data and determine from those changes, coverage and operational risk implications.
- Demonstrates unwavering commitment to high performance in the process of program management and sets a personal standard of high quality and integrity for self and others.
- Property & Casualty Producer, including Surplus Lines license required, other insurance related designations preferred (i.e. CPCU, CIC, ARM).
- Work in a collaborative environment with interruptions, distractions and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to ten-plus times annually.
- Manage difficult relational situations with brokers, underwriters and customers diplomatically while maintaining boundaries.
Our vision is simple yet bold—we accelerate leading edge possibilities. For our people. For our partners. For our clients. We are a business services and consulting firm specializing in leadership development, talent selection, risk management, insurance management, and claims administration.
Since 1975, FCCS has worked with the Farm Credit System, cooperatives and self-insured public entities to help them achieve organizational and operational excellence by helping them manage their risks.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with approximately 50 employees, FCCS is proud to serve a variety of clients across the US.
The unique blend of our expertise, services, programs and conferences enables us to help our clients manage their risks and accelerate their teams growth and success through a wide range of professional services and programs.
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- 9-12 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Casual Dress Code
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Learn more about us at https://www.fccsconsulting.com/about/careers.
FCCS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
FCCS may require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.