Actuary - Rate Modeling & ML Expert
Akur8 is a young, dynamic, fast growing insurtech startup that is revolutionizing insurance rate modeling with transparent AI.
Since 2016 our skilled R&D team of data scientists, software engineers and actuaries has developed unique AI algorithms that automate the insurance rate modeling process in an unprecedented way.
Our solution is a SaaS platform which allows insurance companies to model their risks 10 times faster, with a higher predictive power than traditional methods. This constitutes a major game changer for the insurance industry.
Selected as Best French Insurtech 2020, at no.42 in Sonr’s World Top 100 Insurtech Companies 2020, as well as in the Top 25 emerging technologies in Oxbow Partners Insurtech Impact Report, Akur8’s solution is international by design, targeting all insurance carriers globally, and focusing on more mature markets for faster expansion.
We closed our USD 9m Series A in February with notable international investors and are poised for growth to become the global leader in insurance rate modeling !
Akur8 is headquartered in Paris but is rapidly expanding internationally with a strong focus on the US market - with the opening of a first US office in NYC and the recruitment of a local team.
As a Rate Modeling & Machine Learning Expert , this is the ideal opportunity to use cutting edge advanced machine learning technology, and to have a visible effect on the product roadmap of one of the world’s top insurtech startups.
The position acts as the driving force between our Sales, Product and R&D departments, providing the perfect technical compliment whilst assisting clients in acquiring the best understanding and the maximization of their use of ML techniques for insurance rate modeling.
You’ll contribute by providing industry-specific product assistance to the client, as well as elaborating on the different features of the Akur8 suite during interactions with the relevant client contact.
You’ll lead product demonstrations with different audiences and product pilots / proof of concepts with Actuaries or Data Scientists.
Finally, In addition to your pre-sales responsibilities, you’ll also be able to work on designing product training, improving model development and leading on-going customer success.
The successful candidate must meet each of the following criteria in order to be considered for this position :
- Be legally authorized to work from our US office, located in NYC;
- A masters degree from a top school in one of the following areas : Data Science; Actuarial Science; Machine Learning; Applied Mathematics; Statistics; Physics; Computer Science;
- A strong understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning techniques for predictive modeling;
- Experience in data-driven predictive modeling (GLMs / GAMs) & risk analysis in a P&C insurance rate modeling role;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a P&C insurance rate modeling role as an Actuary or a Rate Modeler in order to understand insurance business imperatives (and to be able establish solutions in accordance with them) ;
- Strong communication skills in order to elaborate on complex technical concepts to both technical / non-technical audiences;
- Readiness to travel across the US and internationally if required.
You'll join a highly skilled and motivated team, with a strong Tech DNA, that loves to share their knowledge and passion for advanced data science, computer science and actuarial sciences.
But it’s not all work - you’ll be part of a dynamic team that enjoys spending time together and having fun: yes, that includes karaoke for the aficionados; eating lunches together; playing sports and enjoying the occasional happy hour (with or without drinks).
In addition to this, we offer the following perks + benefits:
- Competitive Salary & Performance Bonus
- Company Equity
- Health Insurance Premium Reimbursement
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Onboarding at our Paris HQ
- Professional Development (learn French on us !)
- Casual Dress code
- Team fun: regular company gatherings and team events.
- Fun goodies.
Apply for Actuary - Rate Modeling & ML Expert
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly