Production Underwriter - Commercial Property
About the Company
An emerging specialty Managing General Agency, this company is rapidly growing and wants to be a retail agent’s first choice for commercial property placement. They seek an experienced Commercial Insurance Production Underwriter to develop new Commercial Property business, specifically E&S inland habitation risk (condos, apartments, etc.). Large enough to offer marketing and service support but small enough to feel entrepreneurial, this is a regional firm catering to retail agencies on a nationwide basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Responsibilities of the Production Underwriter:
- Risk evaluation, selection and retention of new and existing business
- Review application, recommend appropriate premiums and coverage
- Foster positive, professional relationships with retail agencies; make field visits to agent and broker offices
- Monitor account performance include premium goals, quote-to-bind ratio and portfolio mix
Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years of production underwriting experience developing a retail broker network for commercial property and/or habitation risk
- Comfortable with regular travel for agent visits/marketing meetings
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and want to be with a growing company
Location: Remote, work-at-home with a territory built around where you live and work. Specifically, the company is interested in developing the New England market, Mid-Atlantic, Central States and California.
$100k-$130k salary range with bonus based on new business production