Senior Executive Assistant II
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in our business, or by our vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Groups (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, Mass., we offer the best of both worlds the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise, and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a one firm, one portfolio, one team mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment business units (IBUs), working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
LMIG is proud to be recognized for a second time in 2019 as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune magazine and as a Great Place to Work.
Liberty Mutual Investments is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant to support LMIs Chief Investment Officer. Responsible for managing the executive calendar, coordinates and optimizes executive travel plans, prepares materials for meetings, triages phone calls, voice mails and e-mails, and helps to keep the executive on schedule. Essence of the role is to enable the executive supported to be more productive with his/her time and to work as efficiently and effectively as possible. This is a high-profile position that requires extraordinary tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Identifies the preferred method of support for assigned executive and appropriately accommodates the working style. Partners with executive to help him/her be more efficient and effective with his/her time, consistently maintaining strong communication.
- Assists executive in calendar planning. Acts as a gatekeeper to include prioritization of meetings and managing scheduling conflicts. Keeps the executive informed of changes.
- Assists the executive with preparing for meetings, to include preparing materials, obtaining materials in advance, distributing materials, and keeping the executive on schedule. Highlights information the executive needs to pay attention to and/or questions he/she may have. Obtains appropriate support for virtual attendees as we as various media needs and other logistics.
- Provides phone coverage and screens/triages calls and voice mail. Greets and assists planned guests and manages unannounced visitors.
- Optimizes travel arrangements (transportation, accommodations, agenda) based on the executives travel needs and preferences. Manages complex itineraries, to include any changes. Enables remote decision-making. Processes related expenses.
- Coordinates and/or assists with team meetings (staff meetings, all-hands meetings, quarterly on-sites/off-sites, team gatherings, etc.) May assist with event planning.
- Prepares, updates and organizes information for inclusion in huddle boards, reports, correspondence, presentations, budgets, etc. Edits documents for accuracy, format and arrangement of material. May conduct research on behalf of the executive
- Sorts, screens and distributes incoming and outgoing mail for the executive(s). May highlight particular information of interest and/or curate reading material.
- Assists in keeping the executive highly organized, to include online retrieval and archiving of documents as well as supporting the Companys records and retention schedule.
Advanced knowledge of administrative procedures, software applications (such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. advanced PowerPoint skills required for this role) records management systems, and other business procedures and terminology
Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail, to include regularly anticipating needs and being proactive
Displays high degree of professionalism in order to maintain confidential information, deal with people tactfully, and help establish strong relationships and positive communication
Excellent ability to read and respond to subtle clues and react with situational appropriateness; as normally acquired through an Associates degree (or equivalent) and 7 years of relevant administrative experience, to include prior experience providing support at the executive level
Prior experience supporting c-level executives in an Investment firm is strongly preferred