Senior Actuarial Manager
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance Your Actuarial Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking to have a significant impact on the financial results of a Fortune 100 company? In this position, you will manage a team whose mission is critical to both top-line and bottom line performance. Your team will support a business group's profit, growth and operational objectives by providing external actuarial support for key filed Product initiatives, including state-level rate changes, targeted rate changes, and support of various new products and programs. This involves the initial submission of actuarial justifications, and continued verbal and written negotiations with regulators throughout the objection and approval process. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential for management of a team, communications of wins and losses to senior managers, and interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
This role will manage a team of a team of 7, including managers, senior technical professionals, and analysts. overseeing advanced actuarial analyses in pricing and product development, and partnering with various other functions supporting internal actuarial profitability, Planning, rate revisions, and countrywide rollouts. In addition to state level assignments, we establish and promote subject matter expertise in areas such as profit provision methodology and competitive strategies.
- Manage a team of 7, including managers, senior technical professionals, and analysts.
- Provide actuarial support for state filings for rate and other new initiatives.
- Track state-level requirements for actuarial assumptions in filings and apply them appropriately.
- Develop subject matter expertise which can be leveraged countrywide.
- Manage continuous improvement of processes to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of external actuarial support.
- Protect intellectual property by providing information only as required or confidentially as allowed.
- Communicate effectively with external regulators in writing and verbally, to support business outcomes.
- Proactively monitor the changing regulatory and business landscape to identify key risks to our filing strategies and ability to obtain approval for our rating plans.
- Monitors developments in actuarial techniques; Researches laws and regulations; Analyzes developments in the marketplace. Represents the Company on industry and professional committees.
- Uses the objective setting and performance evaluation processes to ensure employees understand the expectations, receive regular feedback, and are appropriately developed and rewarded. Deals decisively with performance and/or conduct issues using the performance management process.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience plus at least 10+ years of progressively more responsible experience required. Prior management experience desired.
- Ability to organize, lead and get work done through others; in depth knowledge of insurance products.
- Advanced analytical skills to interpret business information drawn from multiple sources to make critical decisions.
- Demonstrated team management skills and abilities.
- Effective interpersonal skills needed to create and enhance partnerships with internal and external customers; including verbal and written communications
You are required to complete an assessment as part of the application process for this position. Once you review your candidate profile and click submit, a link to an assessment will be provided. After clicking the link, you will also receive a direct link by e-mail that will allow you to take the assessment later if you choose. Depending on the job, the assessment may take between 30 and 60 minutes and it must be completed to be considered for the position.