Digital Marketing Strategist
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
A Digital Optimization Team Strategist works with agents to support business growth and improved customer loyalty by providing personalized strategy and support using a variety of digital disciplines. In this role you will apply professional judgment, knowledge and experience to manage projects and implement targeted digital marketing programs. This position works with agency owners and their staff to help build their digital and social media presence. They will leverage their experience in digital marketing to develop customized digital plans, provide digital education and create customized digital content for targeted agents. They must also be able to communicate digital marketing strategy and benefits to an audience largely unfamiliar with digital marketing. The ideal candidate will have a broad digital marketing background, an analytic mindset, strong problem-solving and customer service skills, and demonstrate systems thinking.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; marketing concentration preferred
• 2+ years Digital Marketing experience with account management preferred
• Hands-on experience with SEO, content marketing, social media, digital analytics and online reviews
• Experience performing digital marketing assessments and the ability to translate your findings into a workable strategy
• Experience working directly with SMBs, creating content, and knowledge of local search strategies is a huge plus.
• Experience pulling, interpreting and presenting web analytics data
• Experience using a CRM system (Salesforce.com, MS Dynamics, Sugar CRM, etc.)
• Intermediate Marketing/Customer Experience knowledge preferred
• Ability to work virtually across teams and individually
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Insurance industry knowledge a plus
• Support the implementation of digital marketing programs including project management, content development, and content dissemination.
• Participate in the analysis of digital project results and identify opportunities for improvement in work processes, program outcomes or agency engagement
• Research and suggest additional digital opportunities that should be considered
Agency Engagement and Education
• Utilize your expertise in digital marketing to provide appropriate strategy and education to agents on a wide range of digital marketing programs including, organic search, social media strategy, web content strategy, online review acquisition and analytics & reporting.
• Identify online opportunities for agents based on a variety of factors and translate those opportunities into recommendations for development of digital content for website and social media.
• Work with target agents to develop a customized digital marketing plan, draft web and social media content and post across platforms.
• Deliver one-to-one communication/education with targeted new and established agents
• Prepare and deliver dynamic marketing presentations on digital marketing topics
• Participate in the development of training and education materials and documentation
• Evaluate digital performance using available reports and analytics tools and make recommendations for improvements based on data
• Follow all operational procedures to consistently deliver and marketing work with agents
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.