Property Insurance Assistant
RSUI's Property department is seeking a Technical Assistant to provide administrative support to the Property Underwriters by working primarily with the Underwriting Assistants. This position maintains a focus on general office duties associated with underwriting and proper entry of data into our internal underwriting systems.
- Clearing submissions - including BOR letters and follow-up
- Send Loss Runs
- Send cancellation, non-renewal and reinstatement notices - including follow-up and payment verification, if cancellation is for nonpayment of premium
- Inspections - order and follow-up
- Verify reinsurance certificates
- Verify premium finance agreements
- File set-up and suspense for policy information
- Input RSMS2 data
- Issue non-monied endorsements
- Issue monied endorsements and excess policies subject to review by Underwriting Assistant and/or Training Consultant
- Various other duties as assigned
- Some college coursework required; bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of office experience required, preferably in an insurance firm.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Excellent math aptitude with strong analytical skills
- Good communication (telephone, e-mail and interpersonal) skills and strong internal and external customer service skills required
RSUI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic characteristics or genetic information, pregnancy or childbirth, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.