Assistant Counsel, Field
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
At Liberty Mutual, were committed to delivering exceptional legal services to our customers around the world, working to uphold and protect our policyholders rights and positively impacting our business. As an Assistant Field Counsel at Liberty Mutual, youll join a diverse team that values a healthy work/life balance, and youll enjoy benefits that include eligible performance bonuses, 20 days of flexible time off each year, personal holidays, a pension plan and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions. If youre looking for a place to build a long-term career while making a positive differencewith no travel required or personal legal appearancesconsider joining our legal team.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if youre a:
- Collaborative teammate: Youll provide remote legal support and expertise to trial attorneys across the country as they represent Liberty Mutual and our policyholders in civil litigation and workers compensation matters.
- Strategic partner: Following our litigation protocols, you will work with the local trial attorney to develop appropriate legal strategies for all stages of litigation and share them with claims representatives and policyholders.
- Detail-oriented thinker: Leaving no stone unturned, youll research applicable laws and conduct appropriate written discovery as needed.
- Effective communicator: Youll develop and render clear, unambiguous legal opinions and strategies, and draft legal documents including pleadings and motions.
What youve got:
- Membership in the Oklahoma State Bar
- Talent for cultivating strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to develop appropriate strategies for discovery and investigation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of civil procedure and the litigation process
- Familiarity with the latest developments in the practice of law, as well as pertinent knowledge in related fields
- Proficiency with technologies that reduce costs and facilitate the practice of law and remote work
- A JD degree