Senior Analyst, Shared Services
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) is a seeking a Senior Analyst to join its Investment Operations team supporting a number of operational functions. The Shared Services team supports a series of control and oversight functions across the transaction lifecycle at LMI, including reconciliation, derivative oversight, pricing/valuation, security master, and new account opening. The Senior Analyst will work with the Manager and Process Lead of the Shared Services team and is responsible for supporting team deliverables/mandates. The individual hired will be expected to foster an environment of continuous improvement and assist/participate in initiatives that enhance operational efficiency and control.
- Coordinate clearance of cash and security reconciliation breaks between LMIs ABOR/IBOR and ABOR/Banks
- Oversee third party outsourced relationship tasked with managing core operational workflow in LMIs reconciliation platform
- Produce and communicate daily and weekly metrics assessing reconciliation break volume, risk and efficiency
- Work closely with LMIs Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate month-end close of LMIs ABOR
- Conduct secondary reconciliation functions associated with local bank relationships, derivatives, vaulted securities, and other non-industrial reconcilements
- Partner with internal and external audit to ensure core reconciliation controls are well documented and adhered to
- Support multiple components of the derivative lifecycle within LMI, including trade capture, security master, validation, and daily/monthly counterparty reconciliations
- Provide oversight and governance for LMIs 3rd party derivatives outsourcing partner
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field is required.
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of relevent work experience in Investment Operations or Reconciliation function within Financial Services
- Working knowledge across multiple investment strategies, including fixed income, equity, and derivative instruments
- Strong business aptitude, including written, verbal, communication and time management skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task across projects/requests, work well under time demands, and drive deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially excel, and propensity to quickly learn new applications, processes, and areas of business.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
- Familiarity with Reconciliation tools, Blackrock Aladdin OMS and/or SimCorp Dimension ABOR is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with management and key stakeholders in various departments.