Claims Manager - Northeast Region - Worker's Compensation
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Plan, direct and manage the claims handling activities within a worker's complensation region (medium to large size), with average levels of loss, reserves, and allocated expense for the line of business. Job seeks to achieve superior claims outcomes through effective workforce management, quality service delivery, and the use of technology, data analytics, and processes/programs. May participate in short to medium term strategic business planning or special projects.
Ideal candidate will reside in the Northeast Region (Syracuse, NY or Bala Cynwyd, PA)
- Manage day to day claims office operations to ensure that adequate resources and technical skills exist to process claims in accordance with company service standards and expectations.
- Participate in short to medium-term strategic business planning for claims operations; prepares, recommends and manages to the office`s annual budget to ensure appropriate resource allocations and expense levels.
- Actively develop and engage claims employees. Focus staff on continuous improvement, looking for ways to build capabilities, and driving organizational effectiveness.
- Prepare and distribute management reports analyzing and documenting office operations and performance; identifies, analyzes and reports on claims processing trends and issues.
- Review and approve claims, within assigned authority limits, appropriately refers expenses and settlements that exceed authority limits for approval. Allocated expense is generally lower than the most complex claims.
- Monitor and evaluate the claims reserve practices within the office and ensures that actual reserves are accurate and established promptly.
- Maintain awareness of existing and proposed legislation, court decisions and emerging trends in claims litigation. Ensures compliance with state and federal legislation.
- Competencies typically acquired through a bachelors degree or equivalence and 7+ years of progressively more responsible related work experience, some of which in a management capacity.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial property/casualty insurance, claims investigation, coverage evaluation, loss assessment, reserving, insurance legal & regulatory environment, claims processes, applications/systems and procedures, medical terminology, and finance.
- Demonstrated ability to set the direction, create alignment, and achieve superior claims outcomes. Other skills required include planning/organizing work, communication (verbal, written, presentation, etc.), collaborating with others, diplomacy/tact, business/financial acumen, and adaptability (composure).