Senior Director l, Advanced Analytics
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sr Director I, Advanced Analytics is a member of Claims Analytics team in Operational Economics within Insights & Solutions function in GRM U.S. The newly formed Insights & Solutions function aspires to deliver best-in-class data-driven decision support and modern technology-powered solutions while Operational Economics looks to deliver actionable, data-driven insights that enable the operation to improve products and services for our customers and agents. This position will be aligned to GRM U.S. Casualty Claims, a critical line of business accounting for $2B in annual loss costs. This position will act as a member of GRM U.S. Casualty Claims leadership team and reports directly to Manager, Claims Analytics in Operational Economics within Insights & Solutions.
In addition, he/she will (1) develop roster of ongoing work, key business questions to be answered, prioritize and groom backlog with stakeholders, (2) direct work for key projects and coordinate how related work connects within and across functions, (3) aware and informed on any work being done for aligned stakeholders anywhere within Insights & Solutions organization, and (4) leverage work and build relationships to use data and analytics to influence strategy and key functional decisions.
The broad focus of this position is three-fold:
- Continuously monitor all metrics and trends and drive deep, creative, and rigorous analysis to thoroughly assess Casualty Claims performance. He/she must understand and explore a comprehensive suite of metrics that provide insight into all facets of the line of business and serve as leading indicators of the operational health of the business.
- Act as a lead to provide data and analytical support to Casualty Claims Field and Process teams. He/she must maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with these teams and effectively translate its analysis into actionable insights that can lead to operational and/or process improvements.
- Identify and answer key strategic questions that will shape and define how Casualty Claims measures and runs the business. He/she must proactively and continuously define these questions and shape analysis around them potentially with incomplete information and garner buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Define key metrics by which to measure the business, to include not only traditional metrics but new metrics or creative new views to drive enhanced insights.
- Act as a lead to develop reporting necessary to effectively monitor the line(s) of business. Define and develop reports and data needs and influence data and reporting teams to establish.
- Evaluate all metrics and trends on a continuous basis. Quantify the impact of and understand the movements of all trends and results.
- Contribute to annual planning process. Conduct detailed analysis to determine aggressive but attainable targets for the line of business.
- Collaborate with internal partners to estimate and quantify the impacts of key initiatives.
- Partner with Field team and conduct analytical deep dives to understand results of Field organization.
- Identify opportunities to enhance performance through the use of predictive models. Partner with and influence predictive modeling team to explore opportunities and implement where appropriate.
- Present work and recommendations on a regular basis to Claims and GRM U.S. senior management team in a fashion that translates complex work into an easy to digest story with an appropriate level of detail.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Economics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 10+ years of related work experience.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills are required.
- Expert knowledge of data sources, tools, and business processes, including a sophisticated understanding of cross-functional operations and business drivers.
- Proven ability to influence other leaders across an organization.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Must be able to define, shape drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating with others with little supervision.
- Basic knowledge of insurance principles, underwriting and ratemaking concepts and the various functions of an insurance organization, including Finance, Underwriting, Sales and Claims preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.