PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Customer Experience Project Manager will manage the implementation and on-going optimization of customer experience projects across the enterprise to drive Team Member (TM) engagement. This position will manage the adoption of customer experience as a priority within ICW Group. This position exists is to drive results and deliver tailored messages that create the desired impact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and executes strategies to increase customer experience (CX) knowledge and adoption throughout the organization.
- Strengthens ICW Group brand through credibility building external CX related communications: press releases, strategic award pursuits, speaking engagements, earned media, guest blogs/by-lines; as well as direct to Agent and PH comms such as: CX webinars, and CSAT improvement initiatives.
- Recommends strategies for creating the appropriate customer experience changes in the organization and partners with Human Resources in planning the approach and techniques to drive change and deploy accordingly.
- Develops 5-year strategic CX communication plans and annual tactical execution plans, including business case development, financial management and, (Return on Investment) ROI accountability.
- Measures and articulates quantifiable value of net CX Team Member programs, as it relates to business financial impact (i.e. revenue, customer retention, submissions, operational cost savings) both internally and externally (i.e. board of director book, AM Best rating, earned media and annual project catalog).
Develops and executes a CX communication and engagement program aligned with Human Resources leadership.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risks, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Administers and continuously optimizes a 12-month customer experience certification program to increase TM expertise and develop a cadre of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and advocates.
- Develops and executes a self-serve Intro to the CX certificate program, as well as other continuing education opportunities.
- Leads and manages Team Member CX engagement company-wide events/projects such as CX Day, guest speakers and CX task force exposition.
- Develops and delivers executive level presentations in support of high level CX projects, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), strategic plans, Governance, and CX related corporate communication elements.
- Develops and deploys educational content and resources tailored for both senior leaders and mid-level managers to ensure CX maturity path evolution (e.g. How to use customer experience tools to drive needed change and achieve KPIs.)
- Develops flexible and sustainable TM multi-location communications and engagement solutions as necessary. (e.g., blogs, newsletters, CX videos, CX content portal, CX catalog, white papers, CX 3D library, mini-training sessions, CX behavior reinforcement/recognition programs, CX desktop ticker, ICW news broadcast, CX Hero pin program).
- Develops and leads a multi-channel strategic internal communication plan, including the development of communication calculators to ensure 90% reach (TM message retention) and KPI achievement.
- Stays abreast of technology available to enhance CX communication and responsible for the deployment of resulting communication tools: investigation, business case development, implementation plans and ROI.
Drives company-wide adoption of Customer Experience.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, leads the execution and timing of the Customer Experience Change Management Plan. Ensures the utilization of, and continuously evolving, best in class methodology to shorten the change curve (e.g. recruiting for CX, onboarding, continuously learning touchpoints, cultural reinforcement, champion development, positive reinforcement, visibility/transparency).
- Executes comprehensive projects designed to drive adoption of customer experience as well as quantifiably increase the skill level across the organization.
- Works with key stakeholders to execute programs to measurably improve employee awareness of, and performance related to, customer experience.
- Develops strategic plans to mitigate or address department level CX gaps; presents findings in a logical and easy to understand manner and gains buy in for engagement action plans.
Measures the adoption and on-going utilization of Customer Experience.
- Develops quantitative and qualitative assessments and identification of CX change readiness leading to tailored plan development for each phase/audience along the change curve: denial through acceptance and integration; innovators through laggards.
- Measures impact of engagement and communications programs against core performance metrics.
- Creates and manages measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual projects and initiatives.
- Creates dashboards/scorecards for each key stakeholder in alignment with other performance measurement systems, specific to CX KPIs.
- Creates dashboards/scorecards, with enterprise wide visibility, measuring ROI effectiveness and maturity path progress from Team Member and industry initiatives.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree from a college or university required with a major in Business, Communications, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
Minimum 8 years of experience in marketing, customer experience, or a customer engagement-type role required with proven successes in implementing new creative campaigns as well as revamping outdated campaigns to be more in-line with current goals.
Minimum 5 years of leadership experience with successful, large-scale transformational organization change efforts required. Minimum 3 years of experience leading teams and demonstrating direct and influential leadership skills required.
Experience with Pardot, Salesforce.com, and Poppulo highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to build trust with executives, management, and team; overcome resistance in different settings and work cultures, influence stakeholders, and lead without formal authority. Excellent diagnostic and analytical thinking skills. Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and consult with the organizations senior management, and internal and external business contacts. Proven ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel. Strong negotiation, presentation, and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to understand and apply communications and engagement best practices to drive employee participation in customer experience activities. Superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must have a strategic orientation and be results driven. Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to oversee project support personnel. Experience in leading cross-functional team members via a matrixed organization. Advanced PowerPoint and Excel experience.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Financial Acumen, Business Thinking, and Creativity.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.