PURPOSE OF THE JOB
ICW Group has an excellent new opportunity for a Marketing Operations Specialist to join our growing Marketing team in San Diego, CA. As the Marketing Operations Specialist you will manage and optimize the execution of marketing initiatives in coordination with project owners. The position exists to focus on end-to-end marketing optimization to generate and sustain the financial growth and market share of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and collaborates on the organizations communication strategy including media outreach and social media content.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Marketing (EM) team in developing a broad range of marcomm solutions.
- Assists in designing and implementing core marketing communications functions, including collateral development, events/trade show logistics, sales promotions, advertising, and public relations campaigns, etc.
- Assists with press releases and media outreach to national business and insurance trade media.
- Partners with the social media committee to help develop content and monitor key industry trends across LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Manages and creates creation of Enterprise Marketing section of internal website (iPortal). Including: updating and maintaining web content, ensuring links are active, content is current, and free of typos or grammatical errors.
- Prepares presentations for management and marketing teams highlighting progress, goals, and achievements. Including ownership and development of bi-monthly department contribution to the Leadership report.
Maintains detailed department project status reports.
- Maintains and tracks all marketing project activities in the Project Management (PM) system (Aha!).
- Ensures data accuracy and completeness of project entries in the Project Management system, which includes System training and compliance.
- Tracks metrics of various campaigns (e.g. email open/click through rates, google analytics, etc.).
- Develops and maintains a reporting process to increase project performance visibility and potential risks and allows for prioritization of critical projects that will have the largest impact.
- Develops project intake process and system whereby all inbound requests are captured, vetted for background details and context, assigned, and tracked within PM system. Including ensuring same day response to requestors and regular stakeholder updates on project progress.
- Analyzes marketing metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), creating dashboards to drive business decisions.
- Manages application of Return on Investment (ROI) forecasts per EM project, drives the assessment/monthly progress updates.
Researches, writes, and reviews communications utilized internally and externally to meet the departments objectives.
- Proofs various marcomm pieces (e.g. collateral, emails, newsletters, etc.).
- Collaborates with internal teams to develop team member communications, including intranet content, newsletters, and email messages.
- Coordinates, reviews, and approves team (EM) contributions to monthly business intelligence and team member newsletters.
- Serves as Poppulo Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the marketing team, including development and execution of customer newsletters.
Oversees key aspects of project execution and vendor management.
- Coordinates and monitors all vendor activities such as printed marketing materials (sales and product collateral) and other promotional marketing items. Including obtaining quotes with pricing, capabilities, turnaround times, and quality of work.
- Researches and identifies promotional items per business stakeholder use case.
- Maintains regular communication with vendors for status on delivery schedules while keeping marketing team current on status of jobs and any potential issues that may affect deadlines.
- Evaluates vendor performance, reviews invoices, and ensures payments are made via company purchasing system.
- Manages EM OKR contributions to internal tracking tool (Ally), ensuring compliance and quality assurance.
Manages customer and team member events, and direct to consumer engagement opportunities.
- Develops and coordinates national tradeshow schedule.
- Manages, procures, and optimizes tradeshow/customer event promotions, venue selection/negotiation, booth designs, collateral, related sales staff training, budgets, lead capture and ROI.
- Creates and manages communication calendar/schedule for four separate segments: agents, policyholders, injured workers, and team members. Ensures team visibility and usage for planning purposes to avoid message saturation and to optimize open and CTRs.
- Coordinates and manages team member events, across Customer Experience (CX) and EM. May include annual strategic planning offsite, OKR workshops, and CX Day.
Provides general administrative support in varied projects critical to Marketing initiatives.
- Acts as Salesforce.com SME for the Marketing team, to include data pulls and managing system upgrade requests.
- Coordinates of EMs utilization of the Marketing Research Online Community, including content creation and securing required approvals from CX.
- Assists with various administrative tasks (e.g. maintain mailing lists, order collateral and supplies, etc.).
- Contributes to Enterprise Marketings overall creativity, innovative thinking, and problem-solving aptitudes.
- Works collaboratively with all cross-functional teams and branches throughout the organization.
- Coordinates and manages media room schedule and compliance with utilization guidelines.
- Coordinates and manages department specific business process mapping exercises.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Marketing, Communications, Public relations, or related field.
Minimum 6 years of related experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project management certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines. Ability to process detailed information successfully and consistently. Ability to present ideas and information clearly. Ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters. Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple, simultaneous deadlines. Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Salesforce.com and Poppulo preferred. Strong financial acumen to manage budgets, represent financial liabilities, and track expenses. Experience working with product / packaging vendors / agencies (e.g. tactical design agencies, POS design/production agencies, fulfillment agencies, comp vendorsetc.).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read small labels.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Relationship Building.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.