Director, State Product Manager
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The State Manager is responsible for achieving profit and growth targets for an assigned zone, state(s) or line(s) of business. Leads State Team comprised of division manager and analyst, developing integrated strategies and makes decisions related to product, pricing and risk management to achieve growth and profit goal.
- Accountable for annual and long-term personal line(s) profit and loss goals for assigned zone, state(s).
- Provides leadership in the design and development of Product, pricing and risk management strategic initiatives aligning with countrywide standards when possible.
- Directs complex analysis of the marketplace, business trends, and competitive position
- Provides vision for direct reports and accountable for their professional development
- Delivery of product/pricing/risk management changes to Distribution teams (Field, Direct, Web) for implementation and engagement
- Integrates across Market Operating Committee’s and internal departments (Pricing/Underwriting/Line Management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degrees preferred
- Product/Price/Underwriting experience 10 years
- Finance/Business economics experience 5 years
- People leadership, 5 years
- Partners with key stakeholders to develop strategies to drive profitable market share growth
- Leads the effort to develop relationships with regulators/legislators and strategy to positively impact the business environment
- Expert product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge and makes adjustment to strategies as warranted
- Leads efforts to address diverse and complex situations and drive favorable business outcomes. Integrates with key stakeholders (e.g. Market Operating Committee, Line Management, RMBC, Legal, Claims, etc.)
- Develops and presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Understanding of HR systems and policies for new and existing employees. Establishes development plans for direct reports
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.