Financial Analyst II (Allstate Benefits)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Financial Consultant analyzes and communicates financial results for key products, markets and initiatives, develops compelling story lines to help deepen client insights and recommends creative actions to guide strategy and operations. This role formulates financial projections to support in predicting and tracking performance and diagnosing potential issues.
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, leadership and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives to identify emerging issues and current trends, and assist in implementation of strategies
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Develop and lead effective presentations for small groups
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Intermediate business knowledge (i.e. deep financial skills/flow of the numbers) of financial and accounting concepts as well as intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
- Oral and written communication skills to partner with employees both internal and external to finance as well as interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel is and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.