Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder Moderate Supervision, performs professional accounting work to ensure current, accurate and complete financial information. Prepares and compiles moderately complex financial analysis. Position does not manage others. Moderate Supervision: Incumbent performs standard and routine assignments independently to conclusion; unusual problems which may require exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to the manager.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, evaluate and complete moderately complex financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Compile and review financial data for variance analysis and reporting of results against expectations. Perform moderately complex analysis.
- Prepare and maintain more complex components of work papers (i.e. supporting documentation for accounting exhibits).
- Assist in analysis of business changes, including making recommendations and performing moderately complex assignments.
- Identify and maximize tools to obtain data necessary to support financial analysis and create financial transactions.
- Responsibilities may include extracting and analyzing data.
- Prepare evaluate and complete moderately complex components of internal management based financial reporting, consistent results with corporate policies and standards.
- Prepare, evaluate and complete moderately complex components of external financial statements including, but not limited to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), SEC and STAT (Statutory Accounting Principles).
- Prepare, evaluate and assist in creating moderately complex analyses to support financial/business plans, budget and forecasts for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred
- Typically 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and practice.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate time management skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate skill/competency level: demonstrates solid knowledge and ability; can apply the competency with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.