Manager, Specialty Product Line
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Provides strategic direction, leadership, and management for one or more specialty niche business segment(s). Formulates and guides the implementation of long- and short-term plans and policies for specialty business segment(s) within the broad framework of corporate strategy, to ensure financial performance objectives (premium growth, expense control, underwriting profit, and total return distribution) are met. Cultivates a business environment which encourages innovation, participation, and teamwork among members of underwriting, marketing, actuarial, information systems, claims loss control and premium audit units.
- Oversees the development, direction, growth and maintenance of one or more specialty niche business segments to meet established premium and profitability goals. Develops and executes short- and long-term plans, keeping respective managements apprised of status and/or issues encountered.
- Develops marketing, underwriting, communication and service strategies to ensure a profitable agency plant and to meet agent needs. Evaluates and establishes contacts for alternative distribution channels specific to specialty business line.
- Coordinates evaluation of specialty business line opportunities among the various home office and field units. Prepares reports and makes recommendations to senior management outlining the opportunities.
- Monitors competitor, market changes and legal/legislative activities and requests resources from corporate staff departments to make changes necessary to meet marketing, pricing and customer needs. Brings issues to attention of senior management and seeks assistance and support as necessary.
- Works with Regional Company senior management and other management to provide a contact with industry organizations to best leverage the company's position within the respective organization.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities, including but not limited to, managing employee performance, coaching employees, communicating with employees, adhering to company policies and programs, empowering employees, responding to employee concerns, and creating a positive work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent insurance industry experience required. MBA and/or CPCU designation strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in insurance industry with specialty lines of business preferred.
- Possession of and the ability to apply comprehensive, multi-line underwriting expertise in the area of pricing and coverage.
- Demonstrated organization, planning, marketing, and management skills necessary to successfully produce and manage multiple specialty line opportunities.
- Leadership competencies such as strategic, market, and results orientation, talent assessment and development, and accountability.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Knowledge of state and national insurance industry and state insurance departments, preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 33% of the time.