Senior Credit Analyst, Liberty Specialty Markets
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Multi-Buyer Trade Credit (MBTC) underwrites Trade Credit Insurance through the Financial Risk Solutions (FRS) division of Liberty Specialty Markets, a division of Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. Trade Credit Insurance covers loss incurred by a supplier (insured client) due to the insolvency of, or non-payment of accounts receivable due from, a customer (buyer). MBTC clients are large and small corporate entities and global trade banks.
The FRS Analyst team is responsible for managing our portfolio of country and credit risk exposures and recommending risk appetite for underwriters within an effective country and credit risk management framework. In addition to credit analysis, the Senior Credit Analyst will work on specific risk projects, support portfolio reporting and risk management, and guide and train junior analysts. The Senior Analyst is a good communicator, open to exchanging ideas and opinions through regular formal and informal discussions with the FRS Credit Risk Management team and MBTC underwriters.
Perform financial analysis on existing and new buyers to assess creditworthiness and determine appropriate credit limits and risk ratings within MBTCs risk tolerance and underwriting guidelines.
Review and recommend appropriate aggregate buyer limits based on credit analysis and risk rating.
Analyze risks inherent in trade finance and liaise with underwriters to understand underlying submissions.
Provide input and guidance in the direction of portfolio exposure and the development of robust credit analysis techniques.
Produce and present sector and industry risk analysis based on both internal and external data and information providers.
Liaise with external data and information providers to provide updated information to the credit and underwriting teams.
Participate in client and buyer meetings as needed to support the credit analysis and underwriting process.
Monitor credit and country risk to ensure exposures remain within approved limits and provide early warning where a limit may be breached.
Keep aggregation system updated and assist with reporting of exposures.
Develop tools and reports to monitor, analyze and stress test the buyer portfolio.
Assist with the development and improvement of the internal exposure management system, underwriting platform and risk analysis procedures
Maintain and monitor a watchlist of high-risk exposures and oversee specific buyer and industry sector exposure risk management strategies
Monitor and ensure that aggregate buyer limits are up to date for all buyers with gross exposure above agreed threshold and that credit limit and committee approvals and supporting credit information are properly documented and retained.
Direct weekly buyer credit and portfolio reviews with senior FRS Credit Risk Management Team and MBTC underwriters.
Perform ad-hoc research and analysis for the team and management as required.
Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of behaviors as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to Liberty Specialty Market's commitment to placing customers at the center of our business and behaving with integrity. LSM expects you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to proactively demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviors at all times. These requirements include Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing.
- Ability to work in a team and engage with others is essential.
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, demonstrating strong presentation skills in front of various internal and external stakeholders. Proactive approach to problem solving, analytical mind and excellent attention to detail, coupled with the ability to work reliably when under pressure.
- Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly and take initiative to broaden own knowledge.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to work in a challenging environment.
- Use of risk profiling and pricing tools and loss models
- Ability to analyze and use data for quick, thoughtful decision-making under time constraints
- Familiar with international current affairs and international finance and economics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5+ years of corporate credit risk analysis and portfolio risk management at either a corporate or financial institution.
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
- Strong Excel skills, ideally with knowledge of visual basic macros.
- Strong academic record preferably with an Economics, Finance or Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Currently studying towards a CFA designation (or equivalent) is an advantage.
- Fluency in foreign languages a plus.