Senior Underwriter, Directors and Officers
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Senior Underwriter, IronPro (New York) - Seeking a highly motivated individual with strong analytical and sales skills to fill a Senior Underwriter position on our Commercial D&O team in New York, NY
The Senior Underwriter position is a production underwriting role that will contribute to the growth and profitability of our Public Directors & Officers product line, including ancillary lines such as Employment Practices and Fiduciary Liability through marketing, underwriting, and general product management. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages, including manuscript policy development. The position demonstrates functional technical knowledge of relevant underwriting concepts, practices, procedures, and techniques, to include; coverage issues, multiple product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the marketplace.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing insured's (or prospective insured's) applications, financials, loss history, and all other pertinent information at the direction of the manager.
- Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions.
- Establishes and maintains strong professional and personal relationships with the brokerage community to facilitate growth of the IronPro book, with the goal of driving new business and maintaining profitable/critical renewals.
- Makes independent marketing calls to brokers and prospective insureds.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters across Liberty Mutual & Ironshore to provide comprehensive all lines whole account solutions where possible.
Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- 5 years of Commercial Management Liability underwriting experience.
- Public D&O underwriting experience
- Requires knowledge of relevant underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Production underwriting experience and a passion for writing new business.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Responsive, outgoing, and personable.
- Drive to be a future leader.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision-making skills are also required.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree