Large Loss - CAT Medical Specialist/Consultant Nurses
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
This position provides case management direction to Field Claims and Managed Care operations, and works collaboratively with the Examining unit. Daily functions of CCMU include analysis of current and future medical exposure on complex/catastrophic worker's compensation claims, partnering with internal and external business partners to ensure timely and appropriate medical care is obtained to achieve optimal results. The position reports to the CCMU Unit Manager.
- Achieves industry-best outcomes through medical management on a full range of claim files with complex medical issues or catastrophic injuries.
- Insures medical loss cost accuracy through analysis of medical exposure on complex or catastrophic claims, communicating with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Understands the legal and jurisdictional impact on medical management of complex or catastrophic claims.
- Provides top-tier customer experience for internal and external partners, including Claims, Managed Care, Examining, customers, and brokers.
- Prepares reports to superiors, other departments, and outside personnel as indicated.
- Participates as an instructor or Subject Matter Expert (SME) in seminars, conferences, and workshops as needed. Facilitates and maintains vendor relationships as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a full range of claim files including complex and catastrophic losses.
- Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders. Extensive knowledge of medical issues and medical exposure.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus 7-10 years of related medical claim experience including high exposure or complex claims achieved through branch office and/or management experience. RN preferred.
- CCMU team members are also obligated to secure and keep current one or more of the following advanced certifications: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), Certified Case Manager (CCM), Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN), Managed Healthcare Professional (MHP) or Associate Life Health Claim (ALHC).