Underwriting Development Program - Chicago, IL - June 2021
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Our underwriters focus on answering two fundamental questions. Should we write a policy for a particular customer? What is a fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy? On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but as an underwriter, you will possess a curiosity that propels you to dig a little deeper for the answers.
You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover.
Our Underwriting training positions offers you the chance to build on your academic success and develop risk selection and decision making skills that can advance your career.
- Successfully complete Underwriter training program and prescribed courses which include: On the Job Training, Classroom Instruction, Self-Study, Case Studies, Rating and Underwriting Activities
- Develop judgment to accept, reject or modify new and renewal business for all commercial lines, with guidance and direction as needed from experienced underwriters or team leader, to ensure a profitable commercial book of business.
- Price business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines and ensures standards for timeliness are met.
- Market the Company products to achieve company growth and profitability targets.
- Develop on-going relationships with internal and external customers and monitor profitability and quality of submissions, and keeps up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
- Review and becomes familiar with: Policy coverages, Agency relationships, Underwriting and team guidelines, processes, and procedures, Company business strategy and organization
- Work with a Underwriting Manager, Underwriting staff, and in-house and outside educational providers to enhance knowledge and experience in: Underwriting Techniques and Decision Making Methods, Problem Solving Methods, Sales and Negotiating Skills
- Please note that as part of our application process for this position, you may be asked to fill out an employment questionnaire that may take up to 45 minutes to complete.
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Additional requirements may apply
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Capability to understand a wide variety of business operations and model loss potential
- Ability to calculate complex pricing recommendations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability
- Effective interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate successfully.
- Willingness to complete professional designation(s) and continued insurance education.