Claims Customer Care Associate
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company! Our Claims Customer Care Associate is the first point of contact for Liberty Mutual customers after they experience a loss. Our service must be best in class as this is when they need us most. The position is for career focused individuals looking to start their career in insurance. We are looking for best in class service professionals and will provide the training needed though our Claims Career Academy. In addition, we provide the training necessary to secure a Property and Casualty Adjusters license, which is a requirement of this role. Our Claims team has a very important role in our organization, therefore, we believe it is important to provide our representatives with the best benefits and coaching support to ensure a successful and rewarding career. Our upcoming training class:
Unlicensed Professional Training Class Start Date: Monday January 4th 2021
The paid training is Monday - Friday between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm for 6 to 8 weeks. After training is completed, shifts will start between the hours of 12:30 pm - 9pm. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include nights and weekends.
Upon the completion of our 6-8 week training class, you are eligible to qualify for 2 additional performance based bonuses tied to specific milestones within your first 9 months of successful employment. Responsibilities:
- Provides efficient customer service by promptly and courteously responding to all inbound inquiries regarding Personal Insurance claims.
- Performs initial capture of new Auto claims; Processes all "First Notice of Loss" and performs enhanced capture steps as needed. Capture new claims and service existing claims through effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Set expectations with customers on when updates on their claim status will be provided. Provides contacts for temporary resources such as rental cars locations and or tow trucks to assist callers.
- Demonstrates understanding of policies and provides guidance and assistance to callers based on their needs; and may make limited recommendations on enhancements as needed.
- Processes caller transactions accurately and within established Contact Center time standards. Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure the required service levels for call capture and service handle time as well as quality and customer satisfaction standards are met.
- Efficiently utilizes on-line reference materials to provide accurate and timely information and counsel to customers. Effectively operates systems and applications including computer desktop, Microsoft Outlook, call center specific phone systems and the internet.
- Develops and continuously builds product, procedural and technical systems knowledge. Completes licensing and continuing education requirements as required.
- High School degree or equivalent training or experience in a business related field, or a minimum of 6 months related work experience is required. Customer Service experience preferred.
- Ability to review record and organize written data from a variety of sources.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment, are required.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information is critical. Proficiency with computers is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and keyboard shortcuts is desired.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 WPM.
- Appropriate licenses upon hiring/training, along with a passing score on required Proficiency Assessments.