Workers Compensation Claims Technician
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Claims Technicians obtain essential information in order to process routine workers' compensation (WC) claims with typically up to twelve weeks of disability and/or on-going medical management for medical pension claims. Provides injured workers and customers with accurate, timely information and quality service. Claims Technicians also identity potential problems and makes claim referral decisions. This position is for our MMU.
- Conducts investigation to secure essential facts from injured worker, employer and providers regarding workers' compensations through telephone or written reports. Verifies information from claimants, physicians, and medical providers to assess compensability and/or causal relation of medical treatment, and make evaluations for cases with typically up to twelve weeks disability and/or claim specific on-going medical management.
- Provides on-going medical and/or disability case management for assigned claims. Initiates calls to injured worker and medical provider if projected disability exceeds maximum triage model projection or to resolve medical treatment issues as needed. Maintains contact with injured worker, provider and employer to ensure understanding of protocols and claims processing and/or to confirm return-to-work date or medical treatment.
- Continually assesses claim status to determine if problem cases or those exceeding protocols should be referred to Claims Service Team and/or would benefit from, MP RN review or other medical /claims resources. Refers case to SDU/MP RN if light duty potential is identified at any point or for issues involving medical treatment or dispute involving disability or based on exception reports and defined departmental protocols. Arranges Independent Medical Exam and Peer Review as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records and handles administrative responsibilities associated with processing and payment of claims. Records and updates status notes documents results of contacts, relevant medical reports, and duration information per file posting standards including making appropriate medical information viewable to customers in Electronic Document Management (EDM). Generates form letters following set guidelines (i.e., letters to physicians projecting disability, letters confirming medical treatment and disability and letters outlining expected outcome to employers).
- Authorizes payment of weekly benefits, medical payments and/or medical treatment
- Recognizes potential subrogation cases, prepares cases for subrogation and refers these cases to the Subrogation Units.
**We may fill as a Claims Technician or Senior Claims Technician, depending on candidate experience. The desire is to fill Kent, WA or Portland, OR.