The Creative Director guides all design projects and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the Marketing & Communications team to support the companys B2B and B2C insurance brands/programs, as well as corporate and employee communications initiatives.
The Creative Director is in charge of shaping the companys brand standards and executing advertising, collateral development and digital campaigns to help meet overarching marketing goals and drive leads.
In this position, you will work closely with the Head of Marketing & Communications to deliver engaging content and design for both external and internal audiences. You will also help manage and provide design input/oversight to junior graphic designers, while also managing your own high-profile design projects.
To be successful in this role, you will be extremely creative, dedicated and possess stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills. You will be adept at art direction, leading creative brainstorms, as well as explaining campaign concepts to our senior leadership team to keep marketing projects moving forward.
- Design and development of marketing and advertising collateral, including brochures, direct mail, HTML emails, quarterly newsletters, print advertising, tradeshow signage and promotional items, digital advertising/creative, infographics, social media graphics and company websites
- Design and development of employee communications materials, including monthly newsletter and social media graphics
- Create and maintain brand guidelines including look and feel, tonality, suggested imagery and core branding elements; create procedures to ensure all programs are brand appropriate
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met striving for breakthrough and sophisticated creative
- Help supervise the daily workflow of other graphic designers on the team; reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary
- Work with the marketing team and program/brand directors to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns and marketing communications; study relevant information, materials and market research to help inform ideas
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions as needed
- Review reporting with marketing team members to inform creative recommendations and changes to campaign assets
- Pitch creative concepts to leadership and program directors
- Coordinating with outside agencies, freelancers, vendors and/or printers as necessary
- Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing and design techniques
- Maintain task lists of projects/due dates and inform team leader of changes to delivery in advance of delays
- 10+ years of working experience as a graphic designer, art director or creative leader
- Highly creative and innovative, with demonstratable graphic design skills and strong portfolio
- Strong understanding of industry trends and creative tools, such as design software and desktop publishing tools, including InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator and WordPress; knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work with both types of media for integrated campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of brand development, multichannel marketing models and emerging technologies
- Expert knowledge of the business side of design is a major plus
- Brilliant verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively collaborate with team members and sell ideas into senior leadership team
- Models behaviors consistent with a high-performance culture must be highly resourceful, self-motivated, accountable and adaptive to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment; can effectively handle multiple tasks at one time
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on companys success
- Meticulous detail orientation, with ability to organize projects/due dates across multiple brand owners/internal clients
- Able to provide and receive constructive criticism on designs
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design, art/fine arts or a related field