Senior Product Designer
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Senior Product Designer UX Product Design Team
Come join the new Experience organization within GRM U.S!
Experience is here to lead the GRM U.S. Digital-First mandate and rally the organization around transforming digital connection opportunities into extraordinary experiences that position our company to win big with our customers, agents and prospects. We will make digital our competitive advantage, keeping prices low for customers, reinvesting in market-leading growth, and becoming an admired, first-quoted carrier. We will provide the best digital quoting experience in the industry and make digital our primary channel for service and claims, delivering innovative experiences that exceed consumer and agent expectations.
Were looking for a Product Designer who is proficient working in both design and code, to join our Product Design team. Under general direction, you will create user-centered design solutions for the customer experience that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, clean and performant code, and optimize the user experience. You'll experience a degree of autonomy you don't often see elsewhere. In this role you will work with business, technical, and product leads to understand the business vision, objectives and transformation plans to help identify opportunities for competitive advantage.
About the Role:
Right now are looking for a Senior Product Designer who, under general direction, will create user-centered design solutions for the customer digital sales experience that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the user experience. In this role you will work with business, technical, and product leads to understand the business vision, objectives and transformation plans to help identify opportunities for competitive advantage.
You could be a great fit for this role if you are:
- A Visual Craftsman: You will create conceptual sketches to communicate design ideas as well as detailed design specifications for the finished product. You will ensure brand standards are appropriately integrated into all final designs to deliver a consistent experience.
- An Experience Innovator: You will work throughout all phases of the design process such as conceptual design, storyboards, persona/scenario development, user task/interaction flow diagrams, information hierarchy, wireframes and prototypes.
- A Customer Advocate: You will help identify user research needs and participate in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing. You will continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions.
- A Natural Collaborator: You will work with multiple functions, including product owners and developers throughout the product lifecycle, seeking frequent feedback and integrating multiple considerations into your work.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and 7+ years of experience in a related field.
- Experience using methodologies such as Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Familiarity with the following core disciplines, with demonstrated expertise in at least two and familiarity with two others: visual design, UX design, prototyping, front-end development, user research and/or experiment design.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to present projects and status reports to senior management.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate moderately complex content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams. Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Front-end development skills (Nodejs, CSS, SAS, React, etc.)