At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world? Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving digital landscape? Are you able to lead discussion with engineers, managers, executives, and product owners to build consensus?
If this describes you, then we would love to tell you more about the Architect role at Liberty Mutual Insurance. We are hiring for Digital Applications Architects, Data Architects, and Cybersecurity Architects across the enterprise.
Join our Tech team, and youll implement design thinking, emerging technology, and agile practices at every stage to deliver products and services that meet, shape, and anticipate customer needs.
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop architecture for the domain you are working in e.g., cloud, digital applications, data, or cybersecurity.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around security and compliance.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Mentor associate engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
- Bachelor`s or Masters degree in technical discipline; Master`s preferred.
- 10+ years of architecture experience in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Extensive experience in layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, across multiple technologies and processing environments.
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of all product and system components of technical architecture.
- In-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies including but not limited to, insurance industry, financial services, global business, architecture, technology trends, as well as security-minded.
- Strong leadership skills; coaching and mentoring skills. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company.
- Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short term implications of decisions.