At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Global Finance Technology (GFT) is looking for a Scrum Master. This role will be responsible for the enablement and maturity growth of the organizational agility of multiple Agile teams supporting several GFT portfolios. Additionally, the role will influence parts of the organization (IT, PO, Stakeholders, Architecture, Security, etc.) that interact with the teams in the portfolios they support to enable more effective flow of value for the organization. Joining forces with other Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches, this role will work to help the organization mature on the path towards business agility using metrics, drawing from vast experience in a variety of different contexts and leveraging ideas from several disciplines, patterns and techniques to address gaps, solve problems, innovate and improve the overall Agile environment for GFT.
About the role:
- Aggregates scrum team objectives and progress and publishes to organization and all team members to ensure visibility and transparency.
- Enables/Facilitates impediments removal and visibility through provision of appropriate resources, guidance and escalation.
- Collaborates with senior product owner and senior architect to ensure alignment on strategy and execution with teams.
- Facilitates interaction and appropriate communication between scrum teams, architecture and UX
- Ensures adherence to agile practice through program increment planning, retrospectives, etc for agile teams, and helps chart and implement deeper agility adoption initiatives with the help of other SMs and agile coaches.
- Ensures a healthy continuous improvement environment with input from SMs, POs and teams across the organization.
Bachelors degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science or a related discipline and at least five years of IT and project/program management.
Servant leadership experience
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, team building and conflict management skills.
In-depth knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Experienced in all phases of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) and extensive knowledge of Agile frameworks like Scrum and Kanban.
In-depth knowledge of scaling approaches (SAFe, DAD, etc) and how to best help teams and trains get up to speed preparing effectively for longer-term planning activities
Solid experience (3 years minimum spanning multiple team environments) as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach
Solid understanding of the gathering and usage of metrics that enable agile teams and organizations.
Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and consensus building skills.