Underwriting Specialist, Public Entity, National Insurance
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
With an industry focus spanning over 40 years, our Public Entity division is continuing to grow its educational and governmental programs regionally and countrywide. We are currently looking for a Senior Underwriter with experience in all lines of business to join our Education Program Team. In this program you will focus on the education industry to develop, grow and maintain a profitable, diversified book of school business through effective underwriting decision-making, mutually helpful agent/brokers relationships, and application of underwriting tools, systems, and guided resources. You will also lead by example and be a resource for your team members to have consults and mentorships that will elevate and build the collective knowledge of the team in your area of expertise.
- Proactively identify, foster and pursue mutually beneficial agent, broker and customer relationships.
- Evaluate or assesses the business applying for insurance by qualifying accounts; identifying, selecting and assessing risks; resolving premium, policy terms and conditions; obtaining approvals; creating/presenting the proposal to the agent/broker and successfully negotiating deals.
- Demonstrate a high level of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents and Brokers objectives through successful negotiations. Establishes and maintains the relationship through responsive service, site visits, in person renewal meetings or improved knowledge of their customers businesses.
- Lead a sizable and complex book by analyzing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity for improved growth, profit and diversification. Executing marketing plans to increase business with preferred brokers and accepting accountability for those results.
- Document files in a way that reflects a validated thought process and decision-making through comprehensive account reviews, sign-offs and referrals.
- Formally guide, mentors, and coaches underwriters in both technical and professional skills. Demonstrates a specialized knowledge and provides regular updates to other underwriters.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement by fully engaging in daily huddles, generating suggestions, following appropriate procedures and work principles. You will participate in problem solving activities, and using continuous improvement tools to support the work of the team.