Lead Tax Accountant
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your Finance and Accounting career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
Liberty Mutuals highly integrated tax organization provides a collegial framework to achieve results. Typically, professionals contribute across all the key components of tax including planning & research, audits, compliance & financial reporting.
The structure of the tax organization encourages and drives collaboration and teamwork. Therefore, you need to be an excellent communicator and execution oriented to succeed. A successful candidate will need to take ownership of key projects and deliverables, as well as manage ambiguity. The ability to be flexible and comfortable with change will also be critical to your success.
- Prepares complex US international tax compliance deliverables and reviews routine to moderately complex tax compliance deliverables including forms 5471, 8865, 926 and foreign tax credits.
- Implements process improvements.
- Conduct research for complex tax issues, document conclusions in memos and present findings to management.
- Analyze complex financial information and prepare/review deliverables for the global income tax provision process on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist in complex tax planning initiatives.
- Keep abreast of current tax laws, regulations and practices. Identify changes that impact the business and communicate them to management.
- Lead the preparation and review of responses to IRS information requests and proactively identify adjustments to be proposed.
- Act as a mentor to staff through training, coaching and providing feedback on performance.
- Work effectively with other areas of Corporate Taxation and other Finance functions, and demonstrate leadership in cross-functional initiatives.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field. Advanced degree (MST/MSA) or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional corporate income tax experience, preferably with a major public accounting firm or large multi-national company.
- Intermediate knowledge of U.S. international tax rules, including the calculation of Subpart F income, Foreign Tax Credits, Earnings and Profits, Sec. 78 Gross Up.
- Willingness to become conversant in the U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 as it applies to the US international provisions including but not limited to FTC, GILTI and BEAT.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP with an emphasis on ASC 740 (FAS 109). Moderate experience analyzing valuation allowance and FIN 48 positions, preparing financial statement disclosures and other income tax accounting calculations.
- Ability to utilize and manage various tax compliance and tax provision software (e.g. CorpTax, OneSource/TaxStream).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to lead projects effectively
- Highly motivated individual with ability to multitask and complete deliverables within time constraints and deadlines.
- Insurance industry experience is not required.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.